This documentation provides the necessary steps to do a manual reinstallation of ranger-admin in Ranger 0.5.0. Sometime if we wanted to have a fresh ranger-admin installation, to clean up the usersync or to have a brand new ranger-admin to work on, the following options are there to work on.
The following step are to be followed to re-install ranger-admin.
Option 1: This option is to remove the ranger schemas from the database, reinstall the ranger-admin and start the ranger-admin/ ranger- usersync via Ambari.
- Update below properties in file /usr/hdp/<version>/ranger-admin/install.properties
- export RANGER_ADMIN_HOME=/usr/hdp/<version>/ranger-admin
- export JAVA_HOME=/usr/jdk64/jdk1.7.0_67
Option 2: This option is to remove the Ranger Service from Ambari and reinstall via Ambari. You must save the Ranger-admin , Ranger- Usersync configuration you already have
- Delete the Ranger component from Amabri
- curl --user admin:admin -i -H "X-Requested-By: ambari" -X DELETE http://`hostname -f`:8080/api/v1/clusters/cl1/services/RANGER
- Delete ranger db from the databases.
- After deleting , reinstall ranger component via Amabri.