Sentry is a highly modular system for providing fine grained role
based authorization to both data and metadata stored on an Apache Hadoop
Waiting for Infra to give committers/PMCs website permissions
Community is doing post graduation activities: Moved most of the infrastructure. Roster, LDAP and board documents are upto date. New PMCs are subscribing to private@. Final website/wiki edits pending.
Conferences/ BlogPosts: Community was part of the Hadoop security tutorial at Strata covering Authorization in Hadoop. We also did a blogpost on Apache post graduation summarizing the community and project developments.
Development: Following are the major buckets of work going on in the community:
Improvements to HDFS Sentry sync
Hive Auth V2
Solr Integration improvements
Refactoring to make integrations easy and quick.
Quality improvements: Bug fixes, test improvements.
## Health report:
There has been an increase in overall activity: Subscribers, Email traffic, Jiras.
## PMC changes:
- Currently 31 PMC members.
- 9 committers have joined PMC during graduation last month along with 22 PPMCs.
## Committer base changes:
- Currently 31 committers.
- No changes (the PMC was established in the last 3 months)
1.6.0 incubating release was made on Sep 21, 2015
Community is preparing for 1.7.0 release with a new RM.
## Mailing list activity:
New mailing list issues@ has been created for jira traffic.
- 80 subscribers (up 3 in the last 3 months):
- 651 emails sent to list (407 in previous quarter)
- 9 subscribers (up 9 in the last 3 months):
- 100 emails sent to list (0 in previous quarter)
## JIRA activity:
- 179 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
- 113 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months