Sentry is a highly modular system for providing fine grained role
based authorization to both data and metadata stored on an Apache Hadoop
Sentry has been incubating since 2013-08-08.
Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:
1. Encourage more feature and direction discussions on the dev list rather than jira.
2. Continue reporting on time
3. Continue making periodic releases following the Apache guidelines.
Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be aware of?
Community has made been making good progress on all of the above mentioned items.
1. There have been multiple discussions on the dev list about features/ design decisions/ roadmap/ dev practices.
2. Community has been doing timely monthly reporting.
3. Community is actively working on bug fixes and working to release 1.6.0 next month
How has the community developed since the last report?
We had 160 messages on dev list last month. (Got number from http://markmail.org/list/org.apache.sentry.dev)
How has the project developed since the last report?
About 42 issues were created and about 42 resolved(Numbers from jira).
Date of last release:
When were the last committers or PMC members elected?
Colin Ma, Dapeng Sun, Guoquan Shen and Xiaomeng Huang were added as committers on 12/24/2014. No new PPMC members have been added since the project has entered the incubator.
[ ](sentry) Arvind Prabhakar
[ ](sentry) Joe Brockmeier
[ ](sentry) David Nalley
[ ](sentry) Olivier Lamy
[ ](sentry) Patrick Hunt
[ ](sentry) Thomas White