Monitoring EhCache with JMX
EhCache has several MBeans that will tell you all about the caches that are running. See here: http://ehcache.org/documentation/operations/jmx
- Make sure Tomcat is running with the JDK and not the JRE.
- Go to Window->Preferences->Server->Runtime Environments
- Select the JDK (or find it via "Installed JREs")
- Click Finish
- Start Tomcat in Eclipse in the normal way.
- Go to <JDK Home>/bin
- Launch jconsole.exe
- Connect to your Tomcat PID
- Go to the "MBeans" tab
- Check out all of the cool stuff for your caches