Unfortunately I had some problems with the approach described at Setting up Eclipse IDE. For me, the following approach works:
- Mac OS X 10.5
- Eclipse 3.3.2
- I'd recommend to keep Sling in a separated workspace, since it consists of a large number of projects.
- Install the Subclipse and Maven 2 plug-ins as described in Setting up Eclipse IDE.
- Right-click in the Package Explorer and select Import....
- Choose Other -> Check out Maven Projects from SCM.
- A dialog appears. Choose the following settings:
- SCM URL type drop-down: svn
- SCM URL: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/sling/trunk (subject to change, you find the current URL on the Sling project website)
- Click the Finish button.
- After a while, quite a lot of projects should appear in the Package Explorer window, and the console should indicate that Maven downloads the dependencies.