LEGACY LEGACY LEGACY... see AutoRuleUpdates instead.
The Normal way
The short version is to run this on spamassassin.zones.apache.org:
where VERSION is 3.1 or 3.2, right now. The script will do everything necessary to generate an update and make it available.
Note that both 3.1 and 3.2 build updates from a different SVN branch than the code! See SvnBranches for details.
Obsolete doc, but here for history
- make a tar file that you're happy with (#.tar.gz) make sure that you only include files! ie:
- if you want, double check files-only with:
- compress the tar file with
- log into the zones machine
- copy the tar file into /var/www/buildbot.spamassassin.org/updatestage
- generate the sha1 and gpg files appropriately:
- make sure the file permissions for #.tar.gz.* are set to 0444:
- update /var/named/updates.spamassassin.org.d/3.1.0 with #
- run /home/updatesd/svn/spamassassin/build/mkupdates/tick_zone_serial
tvd – here's the script I run as updatesd on the zones machine that does all of this stuff for you. Note: I lint check before running this script, ...
Run a lint:
Quit here if that lint check fails.
- chmod'ing manual updates to 0444 is important! The script (run_part2) for automated updates will clear out any updates older than 4 days old if their perms are set to 0644.
- to avoid update number collisions (or somebody accidentally creating identical updates with different version numbers), please use the Last Changed Rev number of the rule branch directory that you are creating an update for the update version number rather than the revision number from svnversion in the code referenced above