Developers Quick Hack Sheet
Get the Code
- If you want to fix a issue, grab the Jira (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP) you want to fix
- If you have a new feature / improvement, open a new Jira with the Tag "Improvement" / "Feature"
Work With Your Code
- Make your code changes
- Test. Test again and we forget to mention: Test
- If your code change works make a patch
- If you want to work at other patches, go and stash your work:
- Attach the file to the jira
- Open a review request at https://reviews.apache.org against sqoop-trunk (or sqoop2 when for sqoop2)
- Fill in the field Bug-ID the Jira-ID to link both together
- Explain your code
- Add unit tests
- please note, patches without a working unit test will be rejected and not commited
- fill out all the fields
- Check your Diff by clicking "View Diff"
- if you see some red fields, check your syntax and fix this please
- review your request
- Post the review link into the Jira
- Write Notes into the Jira, regarding your work
Thank you for contributing Sqoop!