- Sqoop successfully graduated from the Incubator in March of 2012 and is now a Top-Level Apache project: https://blogs.apache.org/sqoop/entry/apache_sqoop_graduates_from_incubator
- Press release: https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/the_apache_software_foundation_announces25
What is Apache Sqoop?
Apache Sqoop is a tool designed for efficiently transferring bulk data between Apache Hadoop and structured datastores such as relational databases. You can use Sqoop to import data from external structured datastores into Hadoop Distributed File System or related systems like Hive and HBase. Conversely, Sqoop can be used to extract data from Hadoop and export it to external structured datastores such as relational databases and enterprise data warehouses.
Sqoop provides a pluggable connector mechanism for optimal connectivity to external systems. The Sqoop extension API provides a convenient framework for building new connectors. New connectors can be dropped into Sqoop installations to provide connectivity to various systems. Sqoop itself comes bundled with various connectors that can be used for popular database and data warehousing systems.
- 28 October 2013, Complex Stories about Sqooping PostgreSQL data by Masatake Iwasaki at Sqoop User Meetup during Hadoop World 2013, New York, NY
- 28 October 2013, Sqoop app in Hue by Abraham Elmahrek at Sqoop User Meetup during Hadoop World 2013, New York, NY
- 28 October 2013, Sqoop HCatalog Integration by Venkat Ranganathan at Sqoop User Meetup during Hadoop World 2013, New York, NY
- 26 June 2013, Sqoop 2 Application in Hue, by Abraham Elmahrek at Sqoop User Meetup during Hadoop Summit 2013, San Jose, CA.
- 26 June 2013, Sqoop 2 introduction, by Mengwei Ding at Sqoop User Meetup during Hadoop Summit 2013, San Jose, CA.
- 9 April 2013, Mastering Sqoop for Data Transfer for Big Data, by Jarek Jarcec Cecho and Kathleen Ting at Big Data TechCon 2013, Boston, MA.
- 27 February 2013, A New Generation of Data Transfer Tools for Hadoop: Sqoop2, by Arvind Prabhakar and Kathleen Ting at ApacheCon 2013, Portland, OR.
- 13 June 2012, A New Generation of Data Transfer Tools for Hadoop: Sqoop 2, Link to Hadoop Summit video by Bilung Lee and Kathleen Ting at Hadoop Summit 2012, San Jose Convention Center, CA.
- 4 April 2012, Sqoop: The Early Days by Aaron Kimball at the Sqoop Meetup, Cloudera, Palo Alto, CA.
- 4 April 2012, Highlights of Sqoop 2 by Arvind Prabhakar at the Sqoop Meetup, Cloudera, Palo Alto, CA.
- 8 November 2011, Integrating Hadoop with Enterprise RDBS by Arvind Prabhakar at Hadoop World 2011, Sheraton NYC.
- 7 November 2011, Habits of Effective Sqoop Users by Kathleen Ting at the Sqoop Meetup, Sheraton NYC.
- 7 November 2011, Sqooping 50 Million Rows a Day from MySQL by Eric Hernandez at the Sqoop Meetup, Sheraton NYC.
- 7 November 2011, Scratching Your Own Itch by Joey Echeverria at the Sqoop Meetup, Sheraton NYC.
- 7 November 2011, Inaugural Sqoop Meetup Minutes from the Sqoop Meetup, Sheraton NYC.
- 21 September 2011, Apache Sqoop: A Data Transfer Tool for Hadoop by Arvind Prabhakar at the Bay Area Hadoop User Group, Yahoo!, Sunnyvale, CA.
- Environment Notes
- Proposed Design