Submitted at http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/August2011
A tool for efficiently transferring bulk data between Apache Hadoop and structured datastores such as relational databases.
Sqoop was accepted into Apache Incubator on June 11, 2011. Status information is available at http://incubator.apache.org/projects/sqoop.html.
Progress since last report:
- CCLA from Cloudera regarding license grant for existing Sqoop code from Cloudera has been received by ASF.
- Source code has been migrated to Apache SVN.
- Apache Mailing Lists and JIRA for Sqoop are now in active use. The Cloudera Mailing Lists and JIRA have begun the process of being phased out.
- Development activities have started with two issues resolved and others under active development.
Issues before graduation
- Create Sqoop web site.
- Make an incubating release.
- Grow the community size and diversity.
- review all license headers (all contains Cloudera).
- change java package from com.cloudera.sqoop to org.apache.sqoop.