Submitted at http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/July2011
A tool for efficiently transferring bulk data between Apache Hadoop and structured datastores such as relational databases.
Sqoop entered incubation on June 11, 2011.
- Mailing lists have been created.
- New committer accounts have been setup except for Guy le Mar whose account request has been submitted.
- SVN directory structure has been created, karma granted for initial committers.
- JIRA has been initialized for SQOOP.
- Confluence Wiki space has been created.
- Work on migrating JIRA information from Cloudera hosted JIRA instance to Apache JIRA is underway.
Issues before graduation
- Migrate code to Apache SVN from Cloudera.
- Migrate mailing lists from Cloudera infrastructure to Apache mailing lists.
- Create Sqoop web site.
- Make an incubating release.
- Grow the community size and diversity.
Licensing and other issues
- Work to obtain CCLA from Cloudera regarding license grant for existing Sqoop code from Cloudera GitHub repository is underway.
Signed off by mentor: Olivier Lamy (olamy)