Submitted to email@example.com on April 9, 2012
Apache Sqoop is a tool designed for efficiently transferring bulk data between
Apache Hadoop and structured datastores such as relational databases. It can be
used to import data from external structured datastores into Hadoop Distributed
File System or related systems like Hive and HBase. Conversely, Sqoop can be
used to extract data from Hadoop and export it to external structured datastores
such as relational databases and enterprise data warehouses.
* The last release of Apache Sqoop was version 1.4.1-incubating, released on
February 16, 2012 while in Incubation.
* No new releases are planned currently for the project.
* Post-graduation tasks have been completed since Apache Sqoop became a TLP.
* Development activity continues as can be seen from the following report:
* The composition of the committers and PMC members has not changed since
* Currently there are:
- Total of 60 subscribers to the developer list.
- Total of 104 subscribers to the user list.
- Total of 14 committers
- Total of 12 PMC members
* A Sqoop User meetup was held in Palo Alto, California on April 4, 2012
attended by 22 attendees in all.
* There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.