Submitted email@example.com on April 9, 2013
Apache Sqoop is a tool designed for efficiently transferring bulk data
between Apache Hadoop and structured datastores such as relational databases.
It can be used to import data from external structured datastores into Hadoop
Distributed File System or related systems like Hive and HBase. Conversely,
Sqoop can be used to extract data from Hadoop and export it to external
structured datastores such as relational databases and enterprise data
* The last release of Apache Sqoop was version 1.4.3, released on
March 8, 2013.
* Work has started towards the next release from sqoop2 branch
for version 1.99.2.
* Development activity continues with most work focused on the sqoop2
branch as well as on trunk.
* A total of 99 issues have been resolved between the period starting
from January 17 2012 and April 9 2013.
* A total of 1525 messages were exchanged on the dev list in the past
three months, while a total of 198 messages were exchanged on the user
list in that period.
* The composition of committers and PMC members has not changed since the
* Currently there are:
- Total of 89 subscribers to the developer list
- Total of 213 subscribers to the user list
- Total of 16 committers
- Total of 13 PMC members
* There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.