Submitted email@example.com on January 9, 2013
Apache Sqoop is a tool designed for efficiently transferring bulk data
between Apache Hadoop and structured datastores such as relational databases.
It can be used to import data from external structured datastores into Hadoop
Distributed File System or related systems like Hive and HBase. Conversely,
Sqoop can be used to extract data from Hadoop and export it to external
structured datastores such as relational databases and enterprise data
* The last release of Apache Sqoop was version 1.99.1, released on
December 25, 2012.
* No new releases are planned currently for the project.
* Development activity continues with most work focused on the sqoop2
* A total of 137 issues have been resolved between the period starting
from October 17 2012 and January 9 2013.
* A total of 1306 messages were exchanged on the dev list in the past
three months, while a total of 106 messages were exchanged on the user
list in that period.
* Sqoop PMC member Bilung Lee changed affiliation starting first week of
January of 2013.
* The affiliations in the PMC stand at Apple (1), Cloudera (7), JPL (1),
Quest (2), Talend (1), WibiData (1).
* Currently there are:
- Total of 82 subscribers to the developer list
- Total of 180 subscribers to the user list
- Total of 16 committers
- Total of 13 PMC members
* There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.