Submitted to email@example.com on July 9, 2013
Apache Sqoop is a tool designed for efficiently transferring bulk data
between Apache Hadoop and structured datastores such as relational databases.
It can be used to import data from external structured datastores into Hadoop
Distributed File System or related systems like Hive and HBase. Conversely,
Sqoop can be used to extract data from Hadoop and export it to external
structured datastores such as relational databases and enterprise data
* The last release of Apache Sqoop was version 1.99.2, released on
April 24, 2013 from the sqoop2 branch.
* Work has started towards the next release version 1.4.4, to be released
from the trunk.
* Development activity continues with most work focused on the sqoop2
branch as well as on trunk.
* A total of 114 issues have been resolved between the period starting
from April 17, 2013 to July 10, 2013.
* In the past three months, a total of 268 messages were exchanged on the
user list and a total of 1625 messages were exchange don the dev list.
* Hari Shreedharan joined as a committer on June 20, 2013. He is affiliated
* Venkat Ranganathan joined as a committer on June 20, 2013. He is affiliated
* No new additions were made to the Sqoop PMC. Last appointment was done on
September 22, 2012 with Kathleen Ting joining the PMC.
* A Sqoop meetup was organized in San Jose on June 26, 2013 around the venue
of Hadoop Summit.
* Currently there are:
- Total of 246 subscribers to the user list
- Total of 106 subscribers to the developer list
- Total of 18 committers
- Total of 13 PMC members
* There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.