Submitted to email@example.com on June 8, 2012
Apache Sqoop is a tool designed for efficiently transferring bulk data
between Apache Hadoop and structured datastores such as relational databases.
It can be used to import data from external structured datastores into Hadoop
Distributed File System or related systems like Hive and HBase. Conversely,
Sqoop can be used to extract data from Hadoop and export it to external
structured datastores such as relational databases and enterprise data
* The last release of Apache Sqoop was version 1.4.1-incubating, released on
February 16, 2012 while in Incubation.
* No new releases are planned currently for the project.
* Development activity continues as can be seen from the following report:
* Weekly conference calls are being hosted to facilitate discussion about
the development work for Sqoop 2.
* The composition of the committers and PMC members has not changed since
the last report.
* Currently there are:
- Total of 69 subscribers to the developer list.
- Total of 130 subscribers to the user list.
- Total of 14 committers
- Total of 12 PMC members
* There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.