Submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org on October 10, 2012
Apache Sqoop is a tool designed for efficiently transferring bulk data
between Apache Hadoop and structured datastores such as relational databases.
It can be used to import data from external structured datastores into Hadoop
Distributed File System or related systems like Hive and HBase. Conversely,
Sqoop can be used to extract data from Hadoop and export it to external
structured datastores such as relational databases and enterprise data
* The last release of Apache Sqoop was version 1.4.2, released on
August 24, 2012.
* No new releases are planned currently for the project.
* Development activity continues as can be seen from the following report:
* Weekly conference calls that were previously hosted to facilitate
discussion about the development work for Sqoop 2 were shifted to a
bi-weekly schedule and eventually stopped, with the last call held
on September 5th, 2012. Minutes of all the calls have been recorded
* Kathleen Ting joined Sqoop PMC on September 22, 2012. She is affiliated
* The affiliations in the PMC stand at Cloudera (8), JPL (1), Quest (2),
Talend (1), WibiData (1).
* Abhijeet Gaikwad joined as a committer on September 5, 2012. He is
affiliated to Persistent Systems Limited.
* Cheolsoo Park joined as a committer on September 13, 2012. He is
affiliated to Cloudera.
* A Sqoop User meetup is being organized on October 23, 2012 in New York
on the first evening of Strata/Hadoop World conference. More information
is available at http://s.apache.org/uRT.
* Currently there are:
- Total of 72 subscribers to the developer list
- Total of 153 subscribers to the user list
- Total of 16 committers
- Total of 13 PMC members
* There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.