Submitted to email@example.com on October 7, 2013
Apache Sqoop is a tool designed for efficiently transferring bulk data
between Apache Hadoop and structured datastores such as relational databases.
It can be used to import data from external structured datastores into Hadoop
Distributed File System or related systems like Hive and HBase. Conversely,
Sqoop can be used to extract data from Hadoop and export it to external
structured datastores such as relational databases and enterprise data
* The last release of Apache Sqoop was version 1.4.4, released on
July 31, 2013 from the trunk.
* Work has started towards the next release version 1.99.3, to be
released from the sqoop2 branch.
* Development activity continues on both trunk as well as sqoop2
* A total of 49 issues have been resolved between the period starting
from July 17, 2013 to October 8, 2013.
* In the past three months, a total of 406 messages were exchanged on the
user list and a total of 1363 messages were exchanged on the dev list.
* Last addition to committers was on June 20, 2013 when Hari Shreedharan and
Venkat Ranganathan joined as committers.
* Last appointment to Sqoop PMC was done on September 22, 2012 with
Kathleen Ting joining the PMC.
* A Sqoop meetup is being planned around the venue of Strata Hadoop World
2013 conference in New York on October 28, 2013.
* Currently there are:
- Total of 293 subscribers to the user list
- Total of 124 subscribers to the developer list
- Total of 18 committers
- Total of 13 PMC members
* There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.