The content below is for Apache Syncope <= 1.2 - for later versions the Reference Guide is available.
A propagation action class is a Java class that implements some specific actions to be performed before and after propagation.
A propagation action class is a Java implementation of the PropagationActions interface provided below.
If a Propagation Actions Class has been specified for a certain external resource, PropagationActions's implemented methods will be executed during propagation:
- before(...) will be executed before any propagation towards the given external resource takes place;
- after(...) will be executed after a successful propagation towards the given external resource.
A propagation actions class can be deployed:
- at project definition time
- by adding own implementation into the overlay project, before to build Syncope.
- at run-time
- by adding into the container classpath own implementation (container needs to be re-started).