Welcome to the Apache Tomcat Wiki
This is the Wiki for Apache Tomcat, a Servlet and Java Server Pages container developed under the Apache License. The main documentation for this product is at tomcat.apache.org. Below is a list of some useful pages: we encourage everyone to contribute to these pages or start new ones as desired. But before you do, please check out the main documentation site as well as the mailing lists] and the [http://tomcat.apache.org/lists.html (whose archives are searchable).
If you do decide to contribute, you will need to create a Wiki login name (click "Login" link at the top of the page, then "create one now") and then send an e-mail to the Tomcat developers' mailing list or Tomcat users' mailing list, see mailing lists page for details, asking to be added to the ContributorsGroup. Please remember to provide your Wiki name. (Do not send personal e-mails to committers. Ask on a mailing list, so that a public record of this remains in an archive.) Apologies for this extra step, but it's necessary to combat spam.
- Getting Started - Getting started with Tomcat.
- Tomcat versions - A list of every Tomcat version and its current status.
- FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
- Support and Training - A list of companies that offer support and training for Tomcat.
- Powered By - A list of sites powered by Tomcat.
- How To ... - How to as linked by the FAQ.
- Specifications - A list of the relevant specifications and links to them
- Logging_Tutorial - A Logging Tutorial.
- JNDI_HowTo - How to authenticate to different LDAP servers
- Books - Books about Tomcat.
- Using PHP - Using PHP with Tomcat 4 or later.
- What is Comet - What is the Tomcat Comet API.
- GSOC - Google Summer of Code
- AddOns - Third party tools and add-ons not included in the official distribution
- Release Process - How to perform an official Apache Tomcat release
- Development Issues - Work in progress design and/or development documentation. These pages have moved to CWiki.
- Events - Upcoming Tomcat events
Special Wiki pages
- HelpContents - A basic guide to the MoinMoin wiki (including information about wiki syntax).
- See also HelpForUsers on the moinmo.in site.
- CategoryCategory - A list of page categories on this wiki.
- See CategoryFAQ, CategoryGSOC.
- See CategoryFAQ, CategoryGSOC.
- TitleIndex - A list of all pages on this wiki.
- WordIndex - A list of all the words that appear in the titles of the pages on this wiki, with links to pages that include that word.
- FindPage - A full-text search of the wiki.
- WantedPages - All the "broken links" – a list of all the pages on this wiki that are linked to, but do not exist.
- OrphanedPages - All pages on this wiki that are not linked to from anywhere else (and are thus very hard to reach).
- RandomPage - Generates a list of 75 random pages on this wiki.
- RecentChanges - Shows a list of recent changes in this wiki.
- PageSize - Generates a graph and some statistics about the sizes of pages on this wiki.
- EventStats/HitCounts - Generates a graph and some statistics about the sizes of pages on this wiki.
- EventStats/UserAgents -Generates a graph of the web browsers used in visiting this page.
- SystemInformation - Shows basic information about this wiki installation, the extensions it has installed, etc.
- PythonLanguage - The language used for this Wiki.