In order to build Apache Traffic Server, a few requirements must be met:
- gcc / g++ or compatible compilers (LLVM/Clang and Intel ICC should work)
- PCRE (v3) with the development include files.
- TCL with the development include files.
- Expat with the development include files.
- Perl and ExtUtils::MakeMaker
- The hwloc library (not required, but recommended)
- Posix capabilities (not required, but recommended)
Typically, this means you have to include the appropriate "dev" pacakge. Unfortunately, naming here may vary between different distros and platforms. Dev packages are usually named -dev or -devel or some such. For more details, see the instructions for the various distributions and platforms below.
When building from the Subversion repository, you may need to have the following tools available or installed: