The Traffic Server documentations are using reST and Sphinx, and hosted on ReadTheDocs. This documentation describes workflow of internationalization using sphinx-intl, ReadTheDocs, GitHub and Transifex.
Before start you need below tools.
Below workflow is deprecated favor of to stop using ReadTheDocs. See more details in TS-4428 (May 2016)
Relationships between GitHub, ReadTheDocs and Transifex
Transifex doesn't have branch or version features, thus we need a project for each LTS version.
We're following Sphinx's Internationalization workflow with sphinx-int and gettext.
Update PO files
You got a directory that contain po files.
Synchronise GitHub and Transifex
This will be done by administrators of each language periodically.
Transifex → GitHub
Pull translations from Transifex
Format PO files
Commit PO files
Push to repositories of your languages on GitHub
GitHub → Transifex
CAUTION: When you upload po files on transifex.com, it will over write translations on transifex.com. This means translations which only on transifex.com will be deleted.
Pull source files from apache/trafficserver
Generate POT files from rst files
Update config file of tx command
Upload POT files
Building the translated documentation in local
Generate mo files with translated PO files
Build HTML with MO files
If you want to apply RTD theme, install sphinx_rtd_theme via pip.
Add new language
- Create new repositories on GitHub
- Create new project on ReadTheDocs
- Request to add new language on Transifex
- Request to committer or PMC on ML to add relations on ReadTheDocs
- Request to committer or PMC on ML to add new remap rules on docs.trafficserver.apache.org
- ATS : Documentation - Apache Traffic Server
- Sphinx : Sphinx internationalization details
- ReadTheDocs : Localization of Documentation - ReadTheDocs