- Clustering - It was decided that other mechanisms could be used to do cache clustering, such as parent cache or using the carp plugin
- ICP (Internet Cache Protocol) - There were bug with ICP and it was decided that they are better protocols or using parent cache or using the carp plugin would be better
- SPDY - SPDY Protocol was remove, people should be using HTTP/2 now
- The TSHttpTxnIsInternal() API has changed signature, such that it now returns an integer, 0 or 1. This is an incompatible change, so if your code uses this API, make sure you change and recompile accordingly.
logs_xml.config filename was renamed to logging.config
- Format for logging.config changed from XML to Lua
- Format for metrics.config changed from XML to Lua
- The cache format in this release is compatible with previous 4.x, 5.x, and 6.x releases.
New configuration defaults (changes since 6.2.0)
- Only logging to the log file for these configurations options, syslog logging was turned off - default value is not "L" and before it was "SL"
- proxy.config.http.server_ports default value of "8080" was changed to "8080 8080:ipv6"
- proxy.config.hostdb.timeout default value of "1440" was changed to "86400"
- proxy.config.http.keep_alive_no_activity_timeout_in default value changed from 115 to 120
- proxy.config.http2.no_activity_timeout_in default value changed from 115 to 120
- proxy.config.http.cache.fuzz.time default value change from 240 to 0
- proxy.config.http.cache.fuzz.probability default value change from .005 to .0
Configuration options removed
- proxy.config.http.anonymize_insert_client_ip was renamed to proxy.config.http.insert_client_ip
- proxy.config.log.xml_config_file was renamed to proxy.config.log.config.filename and the default changed from logs_xml.config to logging.config (see Logging Configuration above)
- proxy.config.http2.enabled - http2 is enabled by default now
- Removed the pct metrics, these can be calculated programmatically outside of ATS