These are the highlights of new features or additions to existing features in v5.0.x and 5.1.x. For the complete list of all changes see this JIRA Release Notes.
- We do no longer require the Boost library to build!
New configuration options
- You can now force unsatisfiable Range: requests to go to origin even when read-while-writer is in effect. This can help avoid significant latency on large objects. The setting is overloaded on the existing proxy.config.cache.enable_read_while_writer configuration.
- The option to specify configuration location, proxy.config.config_dir, is now actually implemented.
- Add option to support SO_LINGER to origin server, via proxy.config.net.sock_option_flag_out.
We continue to improve our TLS (HTTPS) features and support. Noteworthy in 5.2.x is:
- SSLv3 is now disabled by default!
- Dynamic TLS record size tuning. According to Ilya, this makes us the first server that is all Green.
- Add forward secrecy support with DHE.
- Add ssl_pre_handshake hook for better plugin access to SSL handling.
- Improved session cache, for better performance and scalability.
- New configuration for OpenSSL session cache, proxy.config.ssl.session_cache.auto_clear.
- traffic_line -m is now using an unachored regular expression, similar to how diagnostic tracers work.
- traffic_line --backtrace will produce a stack backtrace for all running threads.
A new command line utility, traffic_layout, is now available. This will show the layout and configuration option for the ATS build tree.
This is a new command line tool, to parse and decipher the Via: header that Traffic Server can produce. This is useful for debugging e.g. cache results etc.
This is the helper application around the new crash logging feature. For more information, see the documentation.
The following plugins have new features and improvements.
- We now support variable expansion in the set-redirect operator.
- You can now do matching operators on the port.
- We do not need Boost.
This plugin will now emit JSON numbers.
- The plugin behavior and activation can now be controlled per remap-rule.
- You an control the behavior based on content type.
The following additions were made to the plugin APIs:
- TSMutexDestroy() was added, for symmetry with the TSMutexCreate() API.
- TSTextLogObjectRollingSizeMbSet() was added, it as simply missing.
- TSHttpHdrHostGet() was added.