VCL has been incubating since December 2008. VCL is a cloud computing platform for the management of physical and virtual machines.
- As stated in the previous report, the Apache VCL community continues to grow. We're seeing more people start to contribute to our online documentation and file JIRA issues.
- As reported in the last board report a few people from the community have been contacted by PPMC members encouraging them to become more involved in the project. There was positive interest from a few, they submitted iCLA's but have yet to contribute anything for the PPMC's to review for acceptance.
- We see people from new locations asking questions on the vcl-dev list which shows that interest in VCL is growing.
Plans for next Release
- The next release has been delayed slightly to make sure all jira issues were satisfied correctly. The new target date is to have the next release candidate out available by the end of August 2010.
Top Issues Before Graduation
- Continue to increase contributors from multiple institutions
Signed off by mentor: