VCL is a modular cloud computing platform which dynamically provisions and brokers remote access to compute resources including virtual machines, bare-metal computers, and resources in other cloud platforms. A self-service web portal is used to request resources and for administration. VCL became a TLP on June 20, 2012.
- The community is working to complete the post-graduation tasks with the help of Infrastructure. 1
- Mailing lists have been moved to vcl.apache.org.
- PMC and private list have been established.
- Repository has been moved.
- Project website will be migrated from Confluence to the CMS.
- Attempted to release VCL 2.3 in June but bugs were found which required new release candidates. Decided to hold off until after graduation. A vote to release VCL 2.3 is currently underway. It will likely be released before the board meeting.
- None at the time this report was written. A vote to release VCL 2.3 is currently underway.
- Subscribers to the user list: 152
- Subscribers to the dev list: 140
- Committers: 9
- PMC members: 6
- New committer: Dmitri Chebotarov (2012-5-30)
- There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.