VCL is a modular cloud computing platform which dynamically provisions and brokers remote access to compute resources including virtual machines, bare-metal computers, and resources in other cloud platforms. A self-service web portal is used to request resources and for administration. VCL became a TLP on June 20, 2012.
- Discussions on the dev list included a thread to reorganize the release roadmap. The main new feature planned for VCL 2.4 had been a configuration management system. There is still a lot of work to do in order to implement this feature. There are other features which could be completed sooner which would provide significant benefits to some implementations such as NAT support. There was general agreement to go this direction.
- There has been an increase in the amount of development interest and activity:
- A provisioning module to support OpensStack Essex is currently being worked on 1
- A provisioning module to support OpenNebula is currently being worked on 2
- Interest has been expressed in contributing a new module to support VirtualBox provisioning 3
- The community realizes it needs to continue to work to attract development contributions. Efforts are underway to add new committers and at least 1 PMC member over the next year. 4
- Subscribers to the user list: 165
- Posts to user list, 6/13-9/13: 138
- Subscribers to the dev list: 139
- Posts to dev list, 6/13-9/13: 116
- Committers: 7
- PMC members: 4
- There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.