VCL is a modular cloud computing platform which dynamically provisions and brokers remote access to compute resources including virtual machines, bare-metal computers, and resources in other cloud platforms. A self-service web portal is used to request resources and for administration. VCL became a TLP on June 20, 2012.
- The next release of VCL is targeted for late summer. Development is progressing. Several JIRA issues have been closed recently.
- Work is progressing to add OpenStack provisioning support to VCL. A few people are working on this.
- The community continues to work to attract development contributions and eventually additional committers.
- Members of the VCL community in Budapest are considering submitting proposals for ApacheCon. 1
- Subscribers to the user list: 163
- Posts to user list, 3/14-6/14: 168
- Subscribers to the dev list: 137
- Posts to dev list, 3/14-6/14: 92
- Committers: 8
- PMC members: 7
- There are no issues requiring board attention at this time