VCL is a modular cloud computing platform which dynamically provisions and
brokers remote access to compute resources including virtual machines,
bare-metal computers, and resources in other cloud platforms. A self-service
web portal is used to request resources and for administration. VCL became a
TLP on June 20, 2012.
* A vote is currently underway to release VCL 2.4 .
* We had hoped to finish the release shortly after the previous board report
was submitted in December. This was delayed for a few reasons:
** Underestimation of work remaining.
** Significant problems which needed to be corrected which were introduced
subsequent to the previous release .
** Some final features were finished such as support for NAT. This is a
fairly complex addition and required additional time to work our some
* We have worked to make it easier for people to test the release by making
a VM image available with scripts which automate updating the code to
* Subscribers to the user list: 164 (+2)
* Posts to user list, 9/14-11/14: 13 (-34)
* Subscribers to the dev list: 130 (+0)
* Posts to dev list, 9/14-11/14: 347 (-93)
* Committers: 8 (+0)
* PMC members: 7 (+0)
There are no issues requiring board attention at this time