VCL is a modular cloud computing platform which dynamically provisions and
brokers remote access to compute resources including virtual machines,
bare-metal computers, and resources in other cloud platforms. A self-service
web portal is used to request resources and for administration. VCL became a
TLP on June 20, 2012.
- There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.
- Committers are trying to wrap up bug fixes and a few new features to be able
to get VCL 2.5 out in the next several weeks
- As discussed in the Health Report section, we are seeking ideas from the
community on how to get more people involved in the project .
## Health report:
Project activity has been down over the last year. We have created a thread 
on our user and dev lists to address this issue. Some ideas on why activity has
been down that are discussed in the thread are lack of documentation on using
and contributing to VCL, lack of vision on where VCL is headed, and lack of
exposure to new people. I encourage the board and ASF members to review this
thread. Any comments or suggestions sent to any of our lists is extremely
## PMC changes:
- Currently 7 PMC members.
- No new PMC members added in the last 3 months
- Last PMC addition was Aaron Coburn on Tue Jun 19 2012
## Committer base changes:
- Currently 8 committers.
- No new committers added in the last 3 months
- Last committer addition was Young Hyun Oh at Sun Dec 08 2013
- Last release was 2.4.2 on Thu Apr 16 2015
- We are hopeful to get VCL 2.5 out in the next several weeks.
## Mailing list activity:
Our user list traffic is down. This was noted in our last report  and the
trend hasn't changed yet. We hope to improve things through the ideas expressed
in  .
- 134 subscribers (up 1 in the last 3 months):
- 71 emails sent to list (54 in previous quarter)
- 174 subscribers (up 6 in the last 3 months):
- 18 emails sent to list (9 in previous quarter)
## JIRA activity:
- 17 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
- 13 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months