VCL is a modular cloud computing platform which dynamically provisions and
brokers remote access to compute resources including virtual machines,
bare-metal computers, and resources in other cloud platforms. A self-service
web portal is used to request resources and for administration. VCL became a
TLP on June 20, 2012.
- There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.
- The community had a fairly lengthy and productive discussion regarding the
health of the project.  Some good ideas were expressed for how to
maintain and improve the health. It is now up to us to actually implement
these ideas. We will try to work on this over the upcoming months.
- Work is underway to clear out the few remaining open Jira issues for the
next release, VCL 2.5. This is mostly janitorial work. No significant code
needs to be worked on. We hope to begin the release process this month.
## Health report:
- Mailing list traffic is up a bit since the last report. I expect dev
traffic to increase as we release a new version and user traffic to
- It has now been over a year since our last release. We will be releasing a
new version soon.
## PMC changes:
- Currently 7 PMC members.
- No new PMC members added in the last 3 months
- Last PMC addition was Aaron Coburn on Tue Jun 19 2012
## Committer base changes:
- Currently 8 committers.
- No new committers added in the last 3 months
- Last committer addition was Young Hyun Oh at Sun Dec 08 2013
- Last release was 2.4.2 on Thu Apr 16 2015
## Mailing list activity:
- 135 subscribers (up 1 in the last 3 months):
- 77 emails sent to list (68 in previous quarter)
- 170 subscribers (up 0 in the last 3 months):
- 29 emails sent to list (8 in previous quarter)
## JIRA activity:
- 14 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
- 15 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months