VCL is a modular cloud computing platform which dynamically provisions and
brokers remote access to compute resources including virtual machines,
bare-metal computers, and resources in other cloud platforms. A self-service
web portal is used to request resources and for administration. VCL became a
TLP on June 20, 2012.
- There are no issues requiring board attention at this time
- Upon a review of our documentation, we realized that it needed notable improvement and thought it best to put a fair amount of work into it before getting our next release out. Work is in progress to improve it.
- There are a few coding issues that still need to be completed for the next release. We plan to focus on the documentation first, and finish up the coding work afterwards.
## Health report:
- Overall, the health of the project is fair. Activity and interest seem to be fairly flat. We're working on aspects such as improving documentation to attempt to make it easier for people to adopt the Apache VCL software and also to contribute to the project.
## PMC changes:
- Currently 7 PMC members.
- No new PMC members added in the last 3 months
- Last PMC addition was Aaron Coburn on Tue Jun 19 2012
## Committer base changes:
- Currently 8 committers.
- No new committers added in the last 3 months
- Last committer addition was Young Hyun Oh at Sun Dec 08 2013
- Last release was 2.4.2 on Wed Apr 15 2015
## Mailing list activity:
- List activity is fairly steady. There was a coincidental flurry of activity prior to our previous report which made the September report's email numbers a bit higher than normal.
- 131 subscribers (down -2 in the last 3 months):
- 69 emails sent to list (195 in previous quarter)
- 168 subscribers (down -1 in the last 3 months):
- 15 emails sent to list (53 in previous quarter)
## JIRA activity:
- 16 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
- 5 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months