VCL is a modular cloud computing platform which dynamically provisions and
brokers remote access to compute resources including virtual machines,
bare-metal computers, and resources in other cloud platforms. A self-service
web portal is used to request resources and for administration. VCL became a
TLP on June 20, 2012.
There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.
- Development of the remaining issues regarding VCL 2.5 was finished.
- VCL 2.5 was released on August 22nd.
- Prior to the release, the steps listed on the ASF's crypto page were
completed.  Apache VCL is now listed on the exports page. 
- Development has obviously slowed since the push to get the release out.
Some work is being done to update documentation.
## Health report:
- Health continues to be a concern. Only 3 committers/PMC members voted in
the VCL 2.5 release thread. 
- We have recently seen involvement from new community members interested
in contributing some features which could significantly help modernize
the codebase. 
## PMC changes:
- Currently 7 PMC members.
- No new PMC members added in the last 3 months
- Last PMC addition was Aaron Coburn on Tue Jun 19 2012
## Committer base changes:
- Currently 8 committers.
- No new committers added in the last 3 months
- Last committer addition was Young Hyun Oh at Sun Dec 08 2013
- Last release was 2.4.2 on Wed Apr 15 2015 (Note: I'll work to figure out
why the most recent release isn't being detected by the report generation
## Mailing list activity:
- Dev list traffic continued to be heavy relative to what VCL's dev list
usually sees. This is surely due to the flurry of activity related to the
- User list traffic has been pretty light. I hope to see an uptick as
people and organizations (hopefully) upgrade to VCL 2.5.
- 124 subscribers (up 2 in the last 3 months):
- 202 emails sent to list (302 in previous quarter)
- 167 subscribers (up 5 in the last 3 months):
- 14 emails sent to list (42 in previous quarter)
## JIRA activity:
- 25 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
- 25 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months