- VCL is a modular cloud computing platform which dynamically provisions and
brokers remote access to compute resources including virtual machines,
bare-metal computers, and resources in other cloud platforms. A self-service
web portal is used to request resources and for administration. VCL became a
TLP on June 20, 2012.
- There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.
- Our previous board report specified there are two people that could be potential committers. Nothing has been received from them in since the last board report. We will continue to look for opportunities to engage with them in an attempt to get them more involved, hopefully leading to becoming committers. As explained in the Health report point below, work has slowed with the start of university semesters. We are hopeful these two people will have more opportunity to engage as things pick up toward our next release.
## Health report:
- Committee Health score: -2.65 (Action required!) - The report generator tool lists VCL as having a low health score. The VCL project has had very slow progress in the last few months, but that does not mean no progress. Most of the committers involved in the project work for universities and have had other responsibilities take priority at the beginning of the fall semester. Progress toward our next release (which only needs a little more work) should pick back up again in the next few weeks as start of semester activities die down.
## PMC changes:
- Currently 7 PMC members.
- No new PMC members added in the last 3 months
- Last PMC addition was Aaron Coburn on Tue Jun 19 2012
## Committer base changes:
- Currently 8 committers.
- No new committers added in the last 3 months
- Last committer addition was Young Hyun Oh at Sun Dec 08 2013
- Last release was 2.5 on Thu Aug 17 2017
## Mailing list activity:
- 117 subscribers (down -7 in the last 3 months):
- 17 emails sent to list (122 in previous quarter)
- 157 subscribers (down -7 in the last 3 months):
- 1 emails sent to list (3 in previous quarter)
## JIRA activity:
- 3 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months
- 2 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months