The mission of the Apache VCL project is to create and maintain of software
related to a modular cloud computing platform which dynamically provisions and
brokers remote access to compute resources.
There are no issues requiring board attention.
## Membership Data:
Apache VCL was founded 2012-06-19 (8 years ago)
There are currently 10 committers and 7 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 5:4.
Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Aaron Coburn on 2012-06-19.
- No new committers. Last addition was Mike Jennings on 2019-01-04.
- A vote is currently in process for inviting Mike Jennings to the PMC.
## Project Activity:
- Last release: 2019-07-25
- VCL is software for running a private cloud and is uniquely suited for
universities. With university instruction moving online due to COVID-19
we've seen a notable uptick in interest in VCL. Traffic on our user list and
in our IRC support channel is up significantly.
- VCL is mainly run on CentOS. There are some changes in CentOS 8 that we are
working through in order for VCL to run on it. Once we work that out, we'll
be getting a new release out.
## Community Health:
-The health of the VCL community is good even though we are small. Hopefully,
we'll pick up some more participation with the increased interest in the
- There are 3 committers not currently part of the PMC. We are in the process
of voting to invite one of them. The other 2 have not been heard from in
over a year. If they become actively involved again, we'll definitely
consider inviting them to be part of the PMC.