This page contains links to user created blog entries, case studies, "how-to's", and self-published articles.
Please feel free to edit this page. You can link to an article on your server or put the article directly in the Wiki. You may also want to view the list of PublishedArticlesAndBooks.
Articles / Blog Entries
- TestingVelocity – Many people want to test their Velocity templates. This article provides ideas for different approaches.
- "Velocity - An Overview" (Henning Schmiedehausen, firstname.lastname@example.org) – Slides and code from 2005 ApacheCon EU with an introduction and small code examples.
- HackingVelocity (Will Glass-Husain, email@example.com) – Slides and code from 2004 ApacheCon demonstrating how to customize and extend Velocity.
- BuildingSecureWebApplications (Will Glass-Husain, firstname.lastname@example.org) – Building a robust and secure web application with Velocity.
- Velocity Rocks (Lance Lavandowska, http://www.brainopolis.com) – A follow up to an earlier article, where Lance redeems himself for saying "Velocity Sucks".
- VelocityVersusWebMacro – The founders of Velocity were inspired by the WebMacro templating language. This article describes the similarities and differences with WebMacro.
- YouMakeTheDecision – A detailed comparison of Velocity and JSP by Jon Stevens, one of the original authors of Velocity. (note: some of the issues discussed are a bit dated but this is still worth reading).
- VelocityAndWeblogic – Paw Dybdahl (email@example.com) describes how to create a Velocity web application hosted on WebLogic. Note: This approach uses the now-deprecated VelocityServlet. More recent best practice is to use the VelocityViewServlet from the Velocity Tools sub project.
- VelocityAndSpringStepByStep – Supplemental information for using Velocity with Spring. To be read with the original document by Thomas Risberg.
- VelocityAndSpringTips – Let's see if we can gather tips on using Velocity with Spring.
- JspVersusVelocity – Nick Bauman compares a page implemented with JSP and re-implemented with Velocity.
- XmlcVersusVelocity – Bojan Smojver shares some brief insights on Velocity and how it compares to XMLC