The following pages are useful if you're starting out with Apache Wave, and detail how to get a development environment setup, as well as tutorials and code walks.
In order to develop and release software contributions you must follow these steps:
- Create or assign a JIRA issue for the contribution you want to work in. Any contribution must have an asociated JIRA issue.
- Create a patch per logical set of issues/features. (Create a Patch in Eclipse)
- Submit the patch to the Review Board with assigned to the "wave" project, and mentioning the JIRA issue number it relates to.
- Wait or pester other contributors and members to get it reviewed.
- Fix the patch according to the suggestions in the Review Board until get the approval.
Push the patch to git. If the person is a committer then they can do it themselves, otherwise generally one of the reviewers will do it.
Close issues and review board request.
Details how to get a client debugging setup
Useful tutorials on getting starting with the WIAB codebase.
- Navigating the code base and making the first change - Change Undo Key Mapping
- Writing a Doodad
- Gadgets with your own gadget server
Walks through the locations and purposes of various Wave model components