The Apache Wicket team is proud to announce the availability of the second maintenance release: Apache Wicket 1.3.2. A lot of bugs have been squashed and several improvements implemented.
In this announcement:
Eager people click here to download the distribution, others can read further:
We thank you for your patience and support.
The Wicket Team
Apache Wicket is a component oriented Java web application framework. With proper mark-up/logic separation, a POJO data model, and a refreshing lack of XML, Apache Wicket makes developing web-apps simple and enjoyable again. Swap the boilerplate, complex debugging and brittle code for powerful, reusable components written with plain Java and HTML.
You can find out more about Apache Wicket on our website:
This release is the second maintenance release for the Wicket 1.3 product. Development for a new version of Wicket will commence soon. This release fixes several bugs and adds some minor improvements. You can find out about the changes at the bottom of this announcement.
Migrating from 1.2
If you are coming from Wicket 1.2, you really want to read our migration guide, found on the wiki:
Downloading the release
You can download the release from the official Apache mirror system, and you can find it through the following link:
For the Maven and Ivy fans out there: update your pom's to the following, and everything will be downloaded automatically:
Substitute the artifact ID with the projects of your liking to get the other projects.
Please note that we don't prescribe a Logging implementation for SLF4J. You need to specify yourself which one you prefer. Read more about SLF4J here: http://slf4j.org
Validating the release
The release has been signed by Frank Bille, your release manager for today. The public key can be found in the KEYS file in the download area. Download the KEYS file only from the Apache website.
Instructions on how to validate the release can be found here:
In case you do encounter a bug, we would appreciate a report in our JIRA:
In the distribution you will find a README. The README contains instructions on how to build from source yourself. You also find a CHANEGELOG-1.3 which contains a list of all things that have been fixed, added and/or removed since Wicket 1.3.0.
Release Notes - Wicket - Version 1.3.2
- WICKET-1038 - Setting UnexpectedExceptionDisplay to IExceptionSettings.SHOW_NO_EXCEPTION_PAGE doesn't throw Servlet Exception
- WICKET-1239 - java.lang.IllegalAccessError when changing AjaxEditableLabel
- WICKET-1278 - Uncaught checked exceptions in page constructor
- WICKET-1294 - PrependingStringBuffer.hashCode() doesn't meet its contract
- WICKET-1305 - AbstractTextComponent requires itself to be rendered before conversion happens
- WICKET-1307 - autolinked resources have locale appended
- WICKET-1308 - TextArea trims content when saved
- WICKET-1314 - DateTimeField does not correct the timezone properly
- WICKET-1319 - StringResourceModel incorrectly escapes ' characters in choice formats
- WICKET-1321 - Javadoc error in QueryStringUrlCodingStrategy
- WICKET-1323 - AbstractPageableView has transient cachedItemCount, but doesn't set it to -1 on deserialization.
- WICKET-1330 - ComponentTag#setNamespace() only modifies the opening tag
- WICKET-1340 - Bogus LocalizedImageResource#isStateless()
- WICKET-1342 - Inline documentation
- WICKET-1353 - Typo in palette.html
- WICKET-1356 - When no request target is found for url we should let other filters/servers process the url instead of trying to serve the resource
- WICKET-1361 - Localizer doesn't honor style when caching property lookups
- WICKET-1364 - BaseWicketTester.isVisible() doesn't check Component.isRenderAllowed()
- WICKET-1365 - Having instance variables referencing pages causes memory leaks, StackOverflowErrors and ClassCastExceptions
- WICKET-1370 - MarkupCache can "leak" memory
- WICKET-1377 - AbstractCalendar use the wrong resources path
- WICKET-1383 - MiniMap IndexOutOfBoundsException when empty
- WICKET-1387 - Cookie Path of persistent FormElements wrong
- WICKET-1388 - "charset=UTF-8" is appended to Content-Type of DynamicWebResources
- WICKET-1395 - BigDecimalConverter does not work with space - eg, French or Russian Locales.
- WICKET-1397 - AjaxSubmitLink doesn't always find enclosing form properly
- WICKET-1398 - AjaxFallbackButton not getting form
- WICKET-1400 - FormComponent.error(ivalidationerror) error needs to show tried resource keys
- WICKET-1401 - StyleDateConverter does not use the components Locale when formatting.
- WICKET-194 - Enhance CheckBoxSelector to Select CheckBox-es in CheckGroup on Server Side
- WICKET-1166 - add sanity check on form submit for request method
- WICKET-1269 - Page.checkRendering() should log with level info or debug instead of warn in case a transparent container was found
- WICKET-1297 - PasswordTextField.onComponentTag helpful if not final
- WICKET-1302 - Make substitutePropertyExpressions() in Localizer overridable
- WICKET-1317 - web.xml context-param is non-unique
- WICKET-1336 - NumberValidator.POSITIVE gives an intimidating error message
- WICKET-1341 - Make markup id available at any point in component's lifecycle rather than only during and after first render
- WICKET-1359 - org.apache.wicket.Application's javadoc refers to getSessionFactory() which is deprecated
- WICKET-1363 - Support RestartResponseAtInterceptPageException/continueToOriginalDestination() with Ajax requests
- WICKET-1378 - Improved Dutch IConverter strings
- WICKET-1381 - Do not silently fail when ajax precondition script fails
- WICKET-1396 - Add more explicit exception for NPE in HeaderResponse.java