These are the notes for the Struts 2.2.3 distribution.
For prior notes in this release series, see Version Notes 22.214.171.124
- If you are a Maven user, you might want to get started using the Maven Archetype.
- Another quick-start entry point is the blank application. Rename and deploy the WAR as a starting point for your own development.
You can also use Struts Archetype Catalog like below
- Two important vulnerability were solved with this release:
- OGNL was upgraded to version 3.0.1 which includes Javassist library, so you don't have to specify it as a separated dependency in your project
- Shade of Commons library using maven-shade-plugin was removed from Struts 2 Core and other modules
- The whole project was adjusted to Maven 3 requirements
- Add ability to control devMode per request
- Many fixes and extensions to JSON plugin and REST plugin