These are the notes for the Struts 2.3.20 distribution.
For prior notes in this release series, see Version Notes 18.104.22.168
- If you are a Maven user, you might want to get started using the Maven Archetype.
- Another quick-start entry point is the blank application. Rename and deploy the WAR as a starting point for your own development.
You can also use Struts Archetype Catalog like below
- Merged security fixes from version 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52
- Extended existing security mechanism to block access to given Java packages and Classes, see #11 or read Internal security mechanism
- Collection Parameters for RedirectResults, WW-4224
- Make ParametersInterceptor supports chinese in hash key by default, WW-4250
- themes.properties can be loaded using ServletContext allows to put
templatefolder under WEB-INF or on classpath, WW-4260
- New tag datetextfield, WW-3493
- Only valid Ognl expressions are cached, WW-4146
- CustomTextProvider can be used for validation errors of model driven actions, WW-4202
- datetimepicker's label fixed, WW-4254
- PropertiesJudge removed and properties are checked in
- resource reloading works in IBM JVM, WW-4266
- default reloading settings were removed from
- commons-fileupload library upgraded to version 1.3.1 to fix potential security vulnerability, WW-4286
schemeattribute accepts expressions in
- Solves problem with infinite loop in
- Bill of Materials pom was introduced, WW-4326
debug=browser|consolewas migrated to jQuery, WW-4322
struts_dojo.jswas fixed, WW-4349
org/apache/struts2/views/TagLibrarywas restored and marked as
<s:hidden/>tag is wrapped with
<td/>tags to match layout of other tags in
- and many other small improvements, please see the release notes
Please read information about new internal security mechanism introduced with this version, it can have impact on your application! With version 2.3.20 new internal security mechanism was introduced, if you were setting
excludeParams in your
struts.xml you should remove it as this overlaps those patterns defined by the framework itself. Read more here.
This release contains fix related to S2-023 security bulletin, please read it carefully!