These are the notes for the Struts 2.3.33 distribution.
For prior notes in this release series, see Version Notes 2.3.32
- If you are a Maven user, you might want to get started using the Maven Archetype.
- Another quick-start entry point is the blank application. Rename and deploy the WAR as a starting point for your own development.
- There is huge number of examples you can also use as a starting point for you application here
<dependency> <groupId>org.apache.struts</groupId> <artifactId>struts2-core</artifactId> <version>2.3.33</version> </dependency>
You can also use Struts Archetype Catalog like below
Struts Archetype Catalog
mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeCatalog=http://struts.apache.org/
<repositories> <repository> <id>apache.nexus</id> <name>ASF Nexus Staging</name> <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/</url> </repository> </repositories>
- Possible RCE in the Struts Showcase app in the Struts 1 plugin example in Struts 2.3.x series, see S2-048
- A DoS attack is available for Spring secured actions, see S2-049
- [WW-4735] - EmailValidator does not accept new domain suffixes
- [WW-4770] - Revision number still missing from dojo.js and dojo.js.uncompressed.js
- [WW-4802] - Strange Behavior Parsing Action Requests
- [WW-4805] - At least a DoS attack is available for Spring secured actions