See Gump3OnWindows for installing on windows
You need at least:
- a basic "POSIX" environment, eg Linux, Solaris, BSD, some other Unix, or Cygwin
- the "which" and "hostname" commands
- Bash. You need a recent one, preferably 3.0 or higher.
- an ssh client
- Python. You need version 2.4 or later. Make sure the location you installed it (usually /usr/bin) is on your PATH.
- Subversion client. I recommend the latest stable version. Put it on the PATH.
- MySQL. You need 4.0 or later. I recommend the latest stable version.
- MySQLdb Python library
- Pmock Python library
- Java. I recommend the latest version in the 1.4.x series. Set JAVA_HOME to point to wherever you install it
We have a tendency to change these dependencies every now and then. The main gump script will let you know
Fire up a command window. Do something like:
There is some more stuff you need in addition to bash, python and svn. The command line script will attempt to inform you about that. Try and do what it says. Once you get stuck, let us know!
Running Gump3 from cron and other advanced stuff
We don't keep user-friendly documentation on configuring a machine to do automated builds on a nightly basis. However, we do maintain documentation on the configuration of our machines, which you can hopefully mirror with great success. See GumpInfrasctructure.