Altre informazioni utili su MoinMoin
Special features for wiki farms and intranets
The following shows how certain features can help you to optimize your configuration when you run several wikis on one host, or when you use MoinMoin in intranet environments.
- shared intermap.txt
- shared code base and icons
The configuration variable "
url_mappings" can be used ... lookup table to remap URL prefixes (dict of
'prefix': 'replacement'); especially useful in intranets, when whole trees of externally hosted documents move around
TODO: explain the following things in detail
Needing more explanation:
- event logging
- Page trails (user option)
- UserPreferences: checkboxes for double-click edit, page trail, fancy links, emoticons, jump to last page visited, and some other yes/no options
- User option to open editor view via a double-click
- support for Java applet "TWikiDrawPlugin" via drawing:<drawingname> URL scheme (you need to activate the AttachFile action if you want drawings)
- Python syntax highlighting
- "Remove trailing whitespace from each line" option in the editor
- Page templates (create a new page using a template page)
- Only "normal" URLs (outside of brackets) are converted to inline images ==> document exact rules
- Highlighting of search results, and of bad words when spellchecking
- Support for "file:" URLS
- email notification features
- "RSS" icon displayed by RecentChanges macro
- commentary field of editor, recent changes and page info
- Page caching, for now limited to XSLT processing (where it's absolutely needed); new code & API to add the "RefreshCache" link
- inline search fields (at the bottom of each page)
- the interwiki name "Self" now always points to the own wiki
- page info action
- Diagnosis of installation via a "test.cgi" script
- WikiFarm support:
- <datadir>/plugin/macro and <datadir>/plugin/action can be used to store macros and actions local to a specific wiki instance
- config.shared_intermap can contain a pathname to a shared "intermap.txt" file (i.e. one stored outside the datadir)
- $PAGE placeholder in interwiki map
- "moin-dump" command line tool to create a static copy of the wiki content
- though not extensively tested, the standalone server now does POST requests, i.e. you can save pages; there are still problems with persistent global variables! It only works for Python >= 2.0.
- Statistical features are NOT designed to work with Python 1.5.2 and require Python 2.0 or higher. Overall, MoinMoin 0.11 is not explicitely tested for 1.5.2 compatibility. The lowest recommended Python version is 2.0!
- RSS features require a recent PyXML (CVS or 0.7) due to bugs in the namespace handling of xml.sax.saxutils in earlier versions. This is (hopefully) automatically detected on every installation.