Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

FINAL DO NOT EDIT

NOTE that the content for this month report is in markdown format- please do not remove any formatting characters when adding your reports.

It also best to:

  • Do not change existing formatting. Especially do not change the formatting of the sign-off area.
  • Keep all lines under 76 characters long.

  • All content under the ### headings should be indented by two spaces. Do not use tabs.

  • Please don't change the text in the headings or add new ones.
  • Include one space after a bullet point or full stop on a numbered list.
  • Use [X] (X and no spaces) to sign off reports.
  • Do not include long URLs and use the apache URL shortener https://s.apache.org.
  • Please note that some lines have two spaces at the end. Do not remove these spaces.

Please make sure you use the current report and don't copy an old one, the headings do change from time to time.

A script will be run on this report before it is submitted to the board. If your lines are too long it may insert line breaks in unexpected places.

Reflow
fold -w 76 -s $1 | cat -s


Timeline

Wed May 04Podling reports due by end of day
Sun May 08Shepherd reviews due by end of day
Sun May 08Summary due by end of day
Tue May 10Mentor signoff due by end of day
Wed May 11

Report submitted to Board

Wed May 18 Board meeting


Shepherd Assignments

XXXXXX
a7
b6
c5
d4
e3
f2
g1









































Incubator PMC report for May 2022

The Apache Incubator is the entry path into the ASF for projects and codebases wishing to become part of the Foundation's efforts.

There are currently 38 podlings undergoing incubation. We have had 6 new IPMC members, 2 members who have stepped down, and 3 new podlings since the last report. Since the Incubator PMC missed the last few reports, it was decided to request all podlings to report and summarize the state of all podlings in a single report. Apologies for the longer report.

Community

New IPMC members:

  • Wenil Zheng
  • Zili Chen
  • Liang Zhang
  • Calvin Kirs
  • Xiaoqiao He
  • Xiaorui Wang

People who left the IPMC:

  • Kevin A. McGrail
  • Jukka Zitting

New Podlings

  • DevLake
  • Kvrocks
  • Hugegraph was accepted in January, this is the first report since then that we have reported.

Podlings that failed to report, expected next month

  • Hivemall
  • Livy - pending a retirement discussion
  • Pegasus
  • PonyMail
  • SDAP

 ## Graduations

  • Discussion has started to graduate AGE, MXNet

The board has motions for the following:

  • Doris

Releases

The following releases entered distribution as of April:

  • Apache Tuweni 2.1.0 - 2022-01-22
  • Apache ShenYu 2.4.2 - 2022-01-25
  • Apache DataLab 2.5.1 - 2022-01-27
  • Apache Linkis 1.0.3 - 2022-01-29
  • Apache Kyuubi 1.4.1 - 2022-01-31
  • Apache YuniKorn 0.12.2 - 2022-02-03
  • Apache AGE 0.7.0 - 2022-02-03
  • Apache InLong 1.0.0 - 2022-02-19
  • Apache Liminal 0.0.4 - 2022-03-06
  • Apache SeaTunnel 2.1.0 - 2022-03-20
  • Apache Tuweni 2.2.0 - 2022-03-18
  • Apache Doris Flink Connector 1.0.3 - 2022-03-19
  • Apache Doris Spark Connector 1.0.1 - 2022-03-20
  • Apache StreamPipes 0.69.0 - 2022-03-18
  • Apache MXNet 2.0.0.beta1.rc1 - 2022-03-21
  • Apache Kyuubi 1.5.0 - 2022-03-25
  • Apache EventMesh 1.4.0 - 2022-03-31
  • Apache AGEViewer 1.0.0 - 2022-04-04
  • Apache brpc 1.1.0 - 2022-04-11
  • Apache Linkis 1.1.0 - 2022-04-19
  • Apache ShenYu 2.4.3 - 2022-04-17
  • Apache Sedona 1.2.0 - 2022-04-17
  • Apache Doris 1.0.0 - 2022-04-17
  • Apaceh Teaclave trustzone-sdk-0.2.0 - 2022-04-18
  • Apache Teaclave 0.4.0 - 2022-04-17
  • Apache AGE 1.0.0 - 2022-04-20
  • Apache Kyuubi 1.5.1 - 2022-04-21
  • Apache Toree 0.5.0 - 2022-04-11
  • Apache InLong 1.1.0 - 2022-04-24
  • Apache Seatunnel 2.1.1 - 2022-04-25

IP Clearance

  • Apache ShardingSphere imported something called Charts
  • Apache IoTDB imported a UDF Library

Infrastructure

  • A patch was received during this reporting period to upgrade our report reminders script to Python 3. It will be tested with the next round of Podling reports.

Miscellaneous

  • A discussion is currently going on about revamping our shepherd process/responsibilities.
  • A discussion is on going about rotating the chair.

Credits

  • John Ament served as Report Manager for this report.

Table of Contents

AGE
Annotator
brpc
Crail
DataLab
Doris
EventMesh
Flagon
Heron
HugeGraph
InLong
Kvrocks
Kyuubi
Liminal
Linkis
Marvin-AI
Milagro
MXNet
Nemo
NLPCraft
NuttX
PageSpeed
SeaTunnel
Sedona
ShenYu
Spot
StreamPipes
Teaclave
Toree
Training
Tuweni
Wayang


AGE

AGE is a multi-model database that enables graph and relational models built on PostgreSQL.

AGE has been incubating since 2020-04-29.

Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

There are no issues. The Apache AGE(incubating) project is currently in incubation graduation process.

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

There are no issues.

How has the community developed since the last report?

We added six new committers and two PPMCs. The two committers(Joe Fagan and Pierre Alexander Voye) submitted ICLA form and are in process to be registered in the system.

How has the project developed since the last report?

We released AGE 0.7.0(2022-02-03) and 1.0.0(2022-04-21), AGE Viewer 1.0.0(2022-04-04). Apache AGE Docker container was made available on Apache Docker Hub.

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  •  Initial setup
  •  Working towards first release
  •  Community building
  •  Nearing graduation
  •  Other:

Date of last release:

2022-04-21

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

2022-04-21 Joe Fagan as a committer

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

Yes, very much.

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

Yes, PPMC is managing the podling's brand / trademarks.

Signed-off-by:

  •  (age) Kevin Ratnasekera Comments:
  •  (age) Von Gosling Comments:
  •  (age) Felix Cheung Comments:
  •  (age) Juan Pan Comments: The data of community looks nice.

IPMC/Shepherd notes:


Annotator

Annotator provides annotation enabling code for browsers, servers, and humans.

Annotator has been incubating since 2016-08-30.

Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

  1. Grow the community
  2. Add PPMC members and committers
  3. Continue making releases

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

None at this time.

How has the community developed since the last report?

At the suggestion of community members, the project kicked off monthly conference calls for contributors to share progress and users to share implementation experience. Several folks attended the first such call.

How has the project developed since the last report?

Voting has just begun for the next release, incorporating changes intended to make it easier to consume the project in browsers.

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  •  Initial setup
  •  Working towards first release
  •  Community building
  •  Nearing graduation
  •  Other:

After a period of slow progress and missed reports, the project is making progress once again. It will be crucial to convert this new activity into sustained involvement from new users and contributors.

Date of last release:

2021-09-03

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

2018-09-04

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

No issues so far. But it is worth checking in again to see who is still interested.

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

No known issues at this time.

Signed-off-by:

  •  (annotator) Nick Kew Comments: Easy to miss when the report is buried in the template!
  •  (annotator) Tommaso Teofili Comments:
  •  (annotator) Benjamin Young Comments:

IPMC/Shepherd notes:


brpc

brpc is an industrial-grade RPC framework for building reliable and high- performance services.

brpc has been incubating since 2018-11-13.

Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

1.Regular Apache Release by more release manager 2.Attract more committer and PPMC member 3.Fix Branding issue

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

No

How has the community developed since the last report?

we add one PPMC member Wang Weibing from Baidu, and one Committer Liu Shuai from Baidu also.Also we launched the new website of our project, using new style, looking much better than old one.

How has the project developed since the last report?

1.1.0 release has been finished by new release manager Wang Weibing.

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  •  Initial setup
  •  Working towards first release
  •  Community building
  •  Nearing graduation
  •  Other:

Date of last release:

2022-04-11

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

2022-04-01 Liu Shuai

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

Kevin just decided to end his mentorship in this project due to limited time. We miss him.

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

I will check it out before next pod report.

Signed-off-by:

  •  (brpc) Kevin A. McGrail Comments:
  •  (brpc) Jean-Baptiste Onofré Comments:
  •  (brpc) Von Gosling Comments:
  •  (brpc) Juan Pan Comments: BTW, could we delete the original notice words, e.g., "Are things falling through the cracks?..."? It's confusing at my first glance, Thanks. Sorry to hear that Kevin will leave us, but I respect his thoughts. If it's decided, resignation is supposed to be on our schedule, Thanks.

IPMC/Shepherd notes:


Crail

Crail is a storage platform for sharing performance critical data in distributed data processing jobs at very high speed.

Crail has been incubating since 2017-11-01.

Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

  1. More frequent code contributions
  2. A steady release process
  3. Growing the ecosystem: more committers, more use cases

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

Visible project activities are very low. No new release since one year.

How has the community developed since the last report?

No new committer or known new use cases. We are aware of a proprietary elasticity extension of Crail, but that code was not (yet?) officially contributed or reviewed.

How has the project developed since the last report?

Not much development visible. We started discussion on dev-list regarding project future, including considering retiring the Crail Podling.

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  •  Initial setup
  •  Working towards first release
  •  Community building
  •  Nearing graduation
  •  Other:

The project stagnates since mid last year.

Date of last release:

2021-05-03

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

2021-05-16

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

Our mentors are helpful and always responsive.

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

Yes.

Signed-off-by:

  •  (crail) Julian Hyde Comments: Glad to see a discussion about Crail's future, even though it's a tough conversation to have. I'll try to keep up the momentum so that we get to consensus in the next few weeks.
  •  (crail) Luciano Resende Comments:
  •  (crail) Felix Cheung Comments:

IPMC/Shepherd notes:


DataLab

DataLab is a platform for creating self-service, exploratory data science environments in the cloud using best-of-breed data science tools.

DataLab has been incubating since 2018-08-20.

Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

  1. Finish graduation as a TLP.

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

No issues.

How has the community developed since the last report?

We have a new committer Denys Yankiv and PPMC members Alina Ignatiuk and Ruslan Kulynych.

How has the project developed since the last report?

We’ve released DataLab version 2.5.1.

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  •  Initial setup
  •  Working towards first release
  •  Community building
  •  Nearing graduation
  •  Other: working towards next release

Date of last release:    

2022-27-01

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

The last PPMC member was added on March 15, 2022.

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

Yes, our mentors are very helpful and responsive.

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

There are no known brand and naming issues.

Signed-off-by:

  •  (datalab) P. Taylor Goetz Comments:
  •  (datalab) Henry Saputra Comments:
  •  (datalab) Konstantin I Boudnik Comments:
  •  (datalab) Furkan Kamaci Comments:

IPMC/Shepherd notes:

johndament: This report is very sparse. It appears to be written by a single member and not discussed on list at all. I can't find any on list discussion of this report, nor recent on list discussion of the graduation proposal. I doubt the podling is actually ready to graduate.


Doris

Doris is a MPP-based interactive SQL data warehousing for reporting and analysis.

Doris has been incubating since 2018-07-18.

Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

None

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

We initiated and passed the graduation vote at IPMC: https://lists.apache.org/thread/qpbhpwoyclx6vxy3j2wcms4t5v79pgs9 And the Resolution has been send to the ASF Board.

How has the community developed since the last report?

The contributors has grown up to 300+. We start using wiki to save some significant proposal for Doris and some other community issue. https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DORIS/Home

How has the project developed since the last report?

We have released 1.0.0.

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  •  Initial setup
  •  Working towards first release
  •  Community building
  •  Nearing graduation
  •  Other:

Date of last release:

2022-04-18

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

2022/03/21 New PPMC, Invite committer Zuo Wei to PPMC 2022/03/23 New Committer, Jianliang Qi 2022/03/24 New Committer, Di Wu 2022/03/24 New Committer, Huajian Lan

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

All mentors are very helpful!

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

Yes

Signed-off-by:

  •  (doris) Willem Ning Jiang Comments: It's good to see Doris is ready to graduation.
  •  (doris) Shao Feng Shi Comments:
  •  (doris) Ming Wen Comments:

IPMC/Shepherd notes:


EventMesh

EventMesh is a dynamic cloud-native basic service runtime used to decouple the application and middleware layer.

EventMesh has been incubating since 2021-02-18.

Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:  

  1. More frequent code contributions
  2. A steady release process
  3. Growing the community: more committers, more use cases

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

N/A

How has the community developed since the last report?

we have two more use cases in production

we have 20 more contributors,2 new committers and 1 new ppmc member

How has the project developed since the last report?

we have 2 version released(cloudevents and grpc support)

we have several new features under developing such as gosdk/workflow/webhook/dashboard/kafka/dledger

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  •  Initial setup
  •  Working towards first release
  •  Community building
  •  Nearing graduation
  •  Other:

Date of last release:

2022-3-31

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

2022-4-15

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

Mentors were all very nice and helpful.

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

Yes.

Signed-off-by:

  •  (eventmesh) Francois Papon Comments:
  •  (eventmesh) Junping Du Comments:
  •  (eventmesh) Jean-Baptiste Onofré Comments:
  •  (eventmesh) Justin Mclean Comments:
  •  (eventmesh) Von Gosling Comments:

IPMC/Shepherd notes:


Flagon

Flagon is a software tool usability testing platform

Flagon has been incubating since 2016-07-13.

Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

  1. Continue VOTE thread for Graduation on general@incubator
  2. Retire STOUT, TAP products via INFRA
  3. Move unsubscribed PPMC members to Emeritus

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

None at this time.

How has the community developed since the last report?

  1. We are coordinating software gift from UMD for Flagon analytics package (Distill), via CCLA (still under review by UMD for IP release)
  2. CCLA will include at least 6 new committers and at least 1 PPMC member
  3. Substantive PRs from User Base

How has the project developed since the last report?

  1. UserALE.js 2.3.0 release currently under VOTE on general@incubator
  2. Developments on analytical package (Distill) are currently being tested on fork (awaiting CCLA execution)

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  •  Initial setup
  •  Working towards first release
  •  Community building
  •  Nearing graduation
  •  Other:

Date of last release:    

2021-06-03 Apache UserALE.js 2.2.0  

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

2021-03-26 (Gedd Johnson)

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

Are things falling through the cracks? If so, please list any open issues that need to be addressed.

Mentors remain supportive, although some procedural questions RE graduation actions (see above) have been unanswered

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

Yes

Signed-off-by:

  •  (flagon) Lewis John McGibbney Comments:
  •  (flagon) David Meikle Comments:
  •  (flagon) Tim Allison Comments:
  •  (flagon) Furkan Kamaci Comments:

IPMC/Shepherd notes:


Heron

A real-time, distributed, fault-tolerant stream processing engine.

Heron has been incubating since 2017-06-23.

Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

  1. Growing the community, make Heron easier to use
  2. Python compatibility issues
  3. Improving our release process

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

n/a

How has the community developed since the last report?

The current community has stayed consistent and stable.

How has the project developed since the last report?

There has been lots of work in addressing issues of running Heron in k8s (move “cloud native”).

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  •  Initial setup
  •  Working towards first release
  •  Community building
  •  Nearing graduation
  •  Other:

Date of last release:    

2021-05-26

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

Saad Ur Rahman, 2021/11/29

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

Yes.

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

Yes.

Signed-off-by:

  •  (heron) Jake Farrell Comments:
  •  (heron) Julien Le Dem Comments:
  •  (heron) P. Taylor Goetz Comments:
  •  (heron) Dave Fisher Comments:
  •  (heron) Ming Wen Comments:
  •  (heron) Kevin Ratnasekera Comments:

IPMC/Shepherd notes:


HugeGraph

A large-scale and easy-to-use graph database

HugeGraph has been incubating since 2022-01-23.

Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

  1. Increase diversity contributors.
  2. Publish spec-compliant release version.
  3. Enhance core product functionality as mentioned in the initial goals.

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

No issues so far.

How has the community developed since the last report?

This is the first report.

All HugeGraph sub-projects have more than 50 contributors, and we are attracting more contributors to the development.

How has the project developed since the last report?

This is the first report.

We have completed the SGA signing, now we are discussing the trademark donation, and are going through the approval process.

The donated 5 repositories have been migrated from hugegraph org to apache org, 7 committers have completed the github account association, they are granted codebase write permissions, 5 of them have been initialized as PPMC members.

We solved a series of ci workflow problems for repositories migration. The official website is currently under construction.

The next step is to make an official announcement, and prepare for the release version.

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  •  Initial setup
  •  Working towards first release
  •  Community building
  •  Nearing graduation
  •  Other:

Date of last release:

None (This is the first report)

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

We have just initialized committers or PPMC members on April 28th.

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

Yes, the hugegraph mentors are very helpful. They guided us through the incubation process, helped solve problems we encountered, and taught us the apache way.

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

Yes, 3rd parties are respecting and correctly using the podlings name and brand.

Signed-off-by:

  •  (hugegraph) Lidong Dai Comments:
  •  (hugegraph) Trista Pan Comments: Good start for the community!
  •  (hugegraph) Xiangdong Huang Comments:
  •  (hugegraph) Yu Li Comments:
  •  (hugegraph) Willem Ning Jiang Comments: bootstrap the project.

IPMC/Shepherd notes:


InLong

InLong is a one-stop data integration framework that provides automatic, secure, and reliable data transmission capabilities. InLong supports both batch and stream data processing at the same time, which offers great power to build data analysis, modeling, and other real-time applications based on streaming data.

InLong has been incubating since 2019-11-03.

Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

  1. Gain more active contributors/committers to build a diverse community.
  2. Prepare to discuss in the community.

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

No issues.

How has the community developed since the last report?

  1. 2 new committers and 1 PPMC have voted from different organizations.
  2. About 26 new contributors have joined the community (currently: 95).
  3. 36+ authors have pushed 720+ commits to master.
  4. Add GitHub Discussions Board to communicate with contributors and users.
  5. Attend the Pulsar Summit and share a topic about InLong.
  6. Attend the DataFun Summit and share a topic about InLong.
  7. Prepare a joint meetup with the SeaTunnel community.

How has the project developed since the last report?

  1. Release 1.0.0 on Feb 17, 2022
  2. Release 1.1.0 on Apr 24, 2022

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  •  Initial setup
  •  Working towards first release
  •  Community building
  •  Nearing graduation
  •  Other:

Date of last release:

2022-04-24

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

  1. committer, bluewang was elected as committer on 2022-04-22
  2. PPMC, healchow was elected as PPMC on 2022-03-30

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

Yes, our mentors are very helpful and responsive.

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

Yes, all good here.

Signed-off-by:

  •  (inlong) Junping Du Comments:
  •  (inlong) Justin Mclean Comments:
  •  (inlong) Sijie Guo Comments:
  •  (inlong) Zhijie Shen Comments:
  •  (inlong) Jean-Baptiste Onofré Comments: I think InLong is not so far from graduation. Worth to start the maturity assesment as see if we can move forward on the graduation.

IPMC/Shepherd notes:


Kvrocks

Kvrocks is a distributed key-value NoSQL database, supporting the rich data structure, Redis like protocol, disk storage, stored procedures using Lua script, etc.  

Kvrocks has been incubating since 2022-04-23.

Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

  1. Bootstrap project, prepare first Kvrocks release at Apache
  2. Prepare Apache Kvrocks website
  3. Promote the project and grow user and dev community

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

None

How has the community developed since the last report?

This is our first report. We are preparing the Kvrocks website, blog posts and talks to promote Kvrocks and grow the user and dev communities.

How has the project developed since the last report?

This is our first report. We are preparing all resources: git/github, mailing list, etc. We are working on code cleanup before code donation and also SGA.

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  •  Initial setup
  •  Working towards first release
  •  Community building
  •  Nearing graduation
  •  Other:

Date of last release:

No release yet

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?  

2022-04-23

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

Mentors are helping to bootstrap.

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

We are starting ;)

Signed-off-by:

  •  (kvrocks) Jean-Baptiste Onofre Comments: podling is just bootstrapping, but good start !
  •  (kvrocks) Xiaoqiao He Comments:
  •  (kvrocks) tison Comments:
  •  (kvrocks) Von Gosling Comments:
  •  (kvrocks) Liang Chen Comments: Podling just started, already finished some infra creation.

IPMC/Shepherd notes:


Kyuubi

Kyuubi is a distributed multi-tenant Thrift JDBC/ODBC server for large-scale data management, processing, and analytics, built on top of Apache Spark and designed to support more engines.

Kyuubi has been incubating since 2021-06-21.

Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

  1. Gain more active contributors/committers to build a diverse community
  2. Make Apache releases regularly and keep the quality for all releases
  3. Improve project structure and documentation

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

None

How has the community developed since the last report?

  • New committers: Nicholas Jiang & Fu Chen
  • Hosted a section on DataFun Sumit 2022 on April 23, gave three talks by Cheng Pan, Xiduo You and Yaodong Zhang
  • Organized one online meetup with Apache SeaTunnel community, gave two talks by Vino Yang, Xinkai Lin and Fei Wang
  • 9 new contributors join code contribution. There are currently 74 contributors and 13 committers.

How has the project developed since the last report?

  • Apache Kyuubi(Incubating) 1.5.0-incubating released
  • Apache Kyuubi(Incubating) 1.5.1-incubating released

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  •  Initial setup
  •  Working towards first release
  •  Community building
  •  Nearing graduation
  •  Other:

Date of last release:

  • 2022-04-21

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

  • 2021-12-15 Yang Hua
  • 2021-12-15 Dongdong Hong
  • 2022-03-29 Nicholas Jiang
  • 2022-03-29 Fu Cheng

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

  • Mentors are helpful and always responsive.

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

Yes

Signed-off-by:

  •  (kyuubi) Willem Ning Jiang Comments: Good to see we are keeping adding PPMC members.
  •  (kyuubi) Jeff Zhang Comments:
  •  (kyuubi) Duo Zhang Comments:
  •  (kyuubi) Akira Ajisaka Comments: Looking https://s.apache.org/dqgcn, the pace of contributions is increasing. Great.

IPMC/Shepherd notes:


Liminal

Apache Liminal is an end-to-end platform for data engineers and scientists, allowing them to build, train and deploy machine learning models in a robust and agile way.

Liminal has been incubating since 2020-05-23.

Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:    

  1. Grow developers community.
  2. Adoption of the project by a few companies.
  3. More features and integrations with eco-system projects.  

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

NA

How has the community developed since the last report?

We have presented Liminal to few companies and received important feedback. We have 2 new official committers. We are also starting a PoC with one company.

How has the project developed since the last report?

We have released version 0.0.4, introducing Airflow 2.0 support + extensibility API.

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  •  Initial setup
  •  Working towards first release
  •  Community building
  •  Nearing graduation
  •  Other:

Date of last release:

2022-03-10

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

2022-04-06

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

They have been very responsive and helpful.

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

NA

Signed-off-by:

  •  (liminal) Jean-Baptiste Onofré Comments:
  •  (liminal) Henry Saputra Comments:
  •  (liminal) Uma Maheswara Rao G Comments:
  •  (liminal) Davor Bonaci Comments: The podling is moving forward; community building is the key next step.
  •  (liminal) Liang Chen Comments:

IPMC/Shepherd notes:


Linkis

Apache Linkis is a computation middleware project, which decouples the upper applications and the underlying data engines, provides standardized interfaces (REST, JDBC, WebSocket etc.) to easily connect to various underlying engines (Spark, Presto, Flink, etc.).

Linkis has been incubating since 2021-08-02.  

Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

  1. Improve project infrastructure(CI, CD, test automation, etc.) and structure to facilitate community collaboration
  2. Make Apache releases regularly and keep the quality for all releases
  3. Gain more active contributors and committers to build a diverse community

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

None.

How has the community developed since the last report?

  • 7 contributors increased.There are currently 90 contributors and 16 committers.
  • 115 issues and 116 pull requests since last report(2022/03/29).( issues:total/closed/open 1111/803/308, pr: total/closed/open 923/893/30)

How has the project developed since the last report?

  • We’ve released Linkis version 1.1.0(supports datasource and metadata source query services to supports new features of query functions for different types of metadata)
  • Version 1.1.1 under development(provides multiple versions of UDF and UDF material storage to BML, tasks support the collection of Yarn queue resource usage statistics), progress 60%.

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  •  Initial setup
  •  Working towards first release
  •  Community building
  •  Nearing graduation
  •  Other:

Date of last release:

2022-04-15

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

2022-02-24 New Committer: Chen Xia

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

Our mentors have been helpful and responsive.

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

The PPMC manages the podling's brand / trademarks.

Signed-off-by:

  •  (linkis) Duo Zhang Comments:
  •  (linkis) Lidong Dai Comments:
  •  (linkis) Shaofeng Shi Comments:
  •  (linkis) Saisai Shao Comments:
  •  (linkis) Junping Du Comments:

IPMC/Shepherd notes:


Marvin-AI

Marvin-AI is an open-source artificial intelligence (AI) platform that helps data scientists, prototype and productionalize complex solutions with a scalable, low-latency, language-agnostic, and standardized architecture while simplifies the process of exploration and modeling.

Marvin-AI has been incubating since 2018-08-21.

Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

  1. Increase activity from current contributors and community.
  2. Release a new architecture.
  3. Documentation and new community roadmap.

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

No.

How has the community developed since the last report?

We now have 3 new interns that are actively contributing with the new design document, and will continue to contribute in coding tasks.

How has the project developed since the last report?

We are preparing for a new release of the features added before the architecture change. The main work was in the design document that has ideas to modernize Apache Marvin-AI's architecture.

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

  •  Initial setup
  •  Working towards first release
  •  Community building
  •  Nearing graduation
  •  Other:

Date of last release:    

2019-07-18

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

2021-09-17 - Lucas Cardoso Silva was approved as a committer.

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

Yes.

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

Yes.

Signed-off-by:

  •  (marvin-ai) Luciano Resende Comments:
  •  (marvin-ai) William Colen Comments:

IPMC/Shepherd notes:


Milagro

Milagro is core security infrastructure and crypto libraries for decentralized networks and distributed systems.

Milagro has been incubating since 2015-12-21.

Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

  1. Continue to build relevant and useful crypto libraries and applications for decentralized networks in order to grow the ecosystem of users and contributors to the project.
  2. Continue to improve compliance with the Apache Way. In particular to update the Milagro website and other project sites (e.g. Whimsy) in accordance with Apache policies.
  3. Further releases to increase the scope of the Milagro project, extend the capability of existing releases and to demonstrate improved compliance with the Apache Way.

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

Administrative tasks are still outstanding due to members' other commitments and the pandemic. These include in particular, a PPMC meeting to discuss the project roadmap needs to be arranged, confirmation that the project's Whimsy, Clutch, SVN, Confluence & Committers pages are all current, and the code signing keys needs countersigning. Investigations into a redirect on Milagro's home page and an XSS vulnerability on the Decentralized Trust Authority's Swagger page are ongoing.

How has the community developed since the last report?

Qredo, one of the main contributors to the projects have just hired an Open Source Manager one of whose roles will be to reinvigorate and support the Milagro project and in particular to assist with the first Apache release of a Multi-Party Computation library. Discussions around how to incorporate them into the PPMC to follow shortly.

How has the project developed since the last report?

No change.

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  •  Initial setup
  •  Working towards first release
  •  Community building
  •  Nearing graduation
  •  Other:

Date of last release:

2020-02-10

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

February 2020

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

No issues.

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

No known issues, but further investigation is still required by the Milagro community.

Signed-off-by:

  •  (milagro) Nick Kew Comments: Qredo hiring a new Open Source Manager may very well be good for the project, but could risk blurring lines between apache and the company.
  •  (milagro) Jean-Frederic Clere Comments:

IPMC/Shepherd notes:


MXNet

A Flexible and Efficient Library for Deep Learning

MXNet has been incubating since 2017-01-23.

Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

  1. Complete general@incubator discussion

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

We are currently [discussing](https://lists.apache.org/thread/3rxzjcmo2y457y6r8ohz1j4qv49joyo 6) graduation in the general@incubator list after the community discussed and voted.

How has the community developed since the last report?

How has the project developed since the last report?

  1. Community discussed and voted on graduating to a Apache Top Level Project
  2. Apache MXNet (incubating) 1.9.1 RC0 created, currently undergoing dev community vote to release.

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  •  Initial setup
  •  Working towards first release
  •  Community building
  •  Nearing graduation
  •  Other:

Date of last release:

2022-03-21

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

2022-04-25

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

Yes.

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

Yes. From past brand usage review for MXNet third-party distributions, we found several listings on AWS marketplace that needed update. The PPMC reached out to the publishers of these listings for correction and fixed them.

Signed-off-by:

  •  (mxnet) Markus Weimer Comments:
  •  (mxnet) Bob Paulin Comments:
  •  (mxnet) Jason Dai Comments:
  •  (mxnet) Furkan Kamaci Comments:
  •  (mxnet) Zhenxu Ke Comments:

IPMC/Shepherd notes:


Nemo

Nemo is a data processing system to flexibly control the runtime behaviors of a job to adapt to varying deployment characteristics.

Nemo has been incubating since 2018-02-04.

Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

  1. Address a few remaining items in the Apache Project Maturity model
  2. Grow the community

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

None.

How has the community developed since the last report?

  • Accepting GSoC students to contribute to Nemo

How has the project developed since the last report?

  • Updated library versions
  • Added fault tolerance for stream operators
  • Added latency measurement improvement for stream
  • Added automatic stream input rate throttling
  • Added new stream workload examples

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  •  Initial setup
  •  Working towards first release
  •  Community building
  •  Nearing graduation
  •  Other:

Date of last release:

2020-12-07

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

September 28, 2021

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

Our mentors have been helpful and responsive.

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

The PPMC manages the podling's brand / trademarks.

Signed-off-by:

  •  (nemo) Hyunsik Choi Comments:
  •  (nemo) Byung-Gon Chun Comments:
  •  (nemo) Jean-Baptiste Onofré Comments:
  •  (nemo) Markus Weimer Comments:

IPMC/Shepherd notes:


NLPCraft

A Java API for NLU applications

NLPCraft has been incubating since 2020-02-13.

Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

  1. Comunity growth.
  2. Releasing a stable 1.0 version.

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

None.

How has the community developed since the last report?

Community development has seemingly stalled in the last 4-5 months. The main reason is probably due to core committers engaged in a deep refactoring of the project.

How has the project developed since the last report?

The project is undergoing a significant re-architecture based on the initial user feedback. This work is focused primarily on simplification and narrowing the scope of the project.

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  •  Initial setup
  •  Working towards first release
  •  Community building
  •  Nearing graduation
  •  Other:

Date of last release:

2021-7-30

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

August of 2021.

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

No issues with mentors to report.

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

No issues to report.

Signed-off-by:

  •  (nlpcraft) Roman Shaposhnik Comments:
  •  (nlpcraft) Furkan Kamaci Comments:
  •  (nlpcraft) Evans Ye Comments:
  •  (nlpcraft) Paul King Comments:
  •  (nlpcraft) Konstantin I Boudnik Comments:
  •  (nlpcraft) Dave Fisher Comments:

IPMC/Shepherd notes:

johndament: Releasing a 1.0 should not be a requirement to graduate. If the podling understands the release process, that is enough.


NuttX  

NuttX is a mature, real-time embedded operating system (RTOS).

NuttX has been incubating since 2019-12-09.

Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

  1. Clear any potential infringing use of the NuttX trademark
  2. Achieve a non-WIP Disclaimer release under Apache
  3. Continue to grow the community with people from different background

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

During our previous month report (April 2022), we submitted our first non-WIP-DISCLAIMER release candidate to the IPMC for a vote. One of our mentors identified several additional items that should be listed in LICENSE. This is currently being addressed and we hope to submit a new release candidate for IPMC vote soon. If the vote passes, we will make our first non-WIP-DISCLAIMER release since joining the ASF Incubator and the project hopes to apply for graduation to TLP status shortly after that. Throughout this process, we would appreciate any and all helpful feedback that will assist us in reaching this important milestone and would like to express our sincere gratitude for all the help we've received so far.

How has the community developed since the last report?

  • Virtually all communications have moved from old venues to dev@nuttx.apache.org. The dev list contains 253 subscribers and is the home of most development discussions and user questions.
  • GitHub's PRs and Issues also have their own discussions.
  • We are seeing new contributors to the project through GitHub.
  • We have 5 mentors, 17 PPMC members, and 26 non-PPMC committers.

How has the project developed since the last report?

  • The WIP-DISCLAIMER has been removed from the nuttx and apps repositories pending NuttX-10.3, which we expect will be our first non-disclaimer release.
  • NuttX-10.2 was released on November 23, 2021.
  • Many technical improvements, bug fixes, and new architectures have been collaborated and work continues with several pull requests merged per day.
  • We have listened to the valuable feedback received during our previous releases and continue to improve our documentation. This can be found at https://nuttx.apache.org/docs/latest/.

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  •  Initial setup
  •  Working towards first release
  •  Community building
  •  Nearing graduation
  •  Other:

Date of last release:

NuttX-10.2.0 was released on 2022-11-23. NuttX-10.3.0 is currently pending IPMC voting.

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

Last elected PPMC: 2021-05-08

Last committer added: 2021-12-27

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

Mentors are helpful and responsive.

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

Podling name was approved on May 17th 2020: https://s.apache.org/4hfzx

Signed-off-by:

  •  (nuttx) Duo Zhang Comments:
  •  (nuttx) Junping Du Comments:
  •  (nuttx) Justin Mclean Comments:
  •  (nuttx) Mohammad Asif Siddiqui Comments:
  •  (nuttx) Flavio Paiva Junqueira Comments:

IPMC/Shepherd notes:


PageSpeed

PageSpeed represents a series of open source technologies to help make the web faster by rewriting web pages to reduce latency and bandwidth.

PageSpeed has been incubating since 2017-09-30.

Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

  1. Grow the number of active developers  

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

While there is a healthy user base, the number of active developers remains persistently low. This seems to be a hard to address challenge.

How has the community developed since the last report?

Mailing lists and git issues are active. The number of active developers is unchanged.

How has the project developed since the last report?

Minor activity.

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  •  Initial setup
  •  Working towards first release
  •  Community building
  •  Nearing graduation
  •  Other:

Date of last release:

The week of May 11th, 2020

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

May 27 2019 (Longinos Ferrando, elected as both committer and PMC member)

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

Are things falling through the cracks? If so, please list any open issues that need to be addressed.

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

As far as we know the brand is respected by third parties.

Signed-off-by:

  •  (pagespeed) Leif Hedstrom Comments:
  •  (pagespeed) Nick Kew Comments: One mentor having just stepped down, it's encouraging that a new mentor has stepped up!

IPMC/Shepherd notes:


SeaTunnel

SeaTunnel is a very easy-to-use ultra-high-performance distributed data integration platform that supports real-time synchronization of massive data.

SeaTunnel has been incubating since 2021-12-09.

Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

1.Keep Apache versions released regularly and ensure the quality of all releases.

2.Attract more active contributors and committers to build a diverse community.

3.Improve features and documentation.

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

None.

How has the community developed since the last report?

The community ushers in 10 new contributors, bringing the total number to 70
 now.

60+ pull requests have been merged since SeaTunnel entered the last report.

We will be hosting a meetup with InLong (Incubating) on 5.14 2022, in which the community contributors and users will share their stories about application practices or open-source contributions.

How has the project developed since the last report?

The community contributors are continuously working on 2.0 features, devoting themselves to new architecture design.

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  •  Initial setup
  •  Working towards first release
  •  Community building
  •  Nearing graduation
  •  Other:

Date of last release:    

27th Apr 2022

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

Shiming Zhang as a committer on Mar 21, 2022.

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

Yes, always responsive and helpful. They gave a lot of advice on building the first version.

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

No known issues, but further investigation is still required by the SeaTunnel community.

Signed-off-by:

  •  (seatunnel) Zhenxu Ke Comments:    
  •  (seatunnel) William-GuoWei Comments:
  •  (seatunnel) Lidong Dai Comments:
  •  (seatunnel) Ted Liu Comments:
  •  (seatunnel) Kevin Ratnasekera Comments:
  •  (seatunnel) JB Onofré Comments:
  •  (seatunnel) Willem Jiang Comments:

IPMC/Shepherd notes:


Sedona

Sedona is a big geospatial data processing engine. It provides an easy to use APIs for spatial data scientists to manage, wrangle, and process geospatial data.

Sedona has been incubating since 2020-07-19.

Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

  1. Self-assessment for graduation
  2. More contributors
  3. More release managers

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

All good

How has the community developed since the last report?

The monthly downloads have reached record high, around 500K downloads per month

How has the project developed since the last report?

All good here. We received lots of PRs from new contributors.

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  •  Initial setup
  •  Working towards first release
  •  Community building
  •  Nearing graduation
  •  Other:

Date of last release:

2022-04-16

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

2022-03-04

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

All good here

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

All good here

Signed-off-by:

  •  (sedona) Felix Cheung Comments:
  •  (sedona) Jean-Baptiste Onofré Comments:
  •  (sedona) George Percivall Comments:
  •  (sedona) Von Gosling Comments:

IPMC/Shepherd notes:


ShenYu

ShenYu is a high performance Microservices API gateway in the Java ecosystem, compatible with a variety of mainstream framework systems, it supports hot plugin loading.

ShenYu has been incubating since 2021-05-03.

Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

  1. Releasing more and more versions.
  2. There are more contributors, committers, users.
  3. Building a diverse community with open governance.

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

None.

How has the community developed since the last report?

  • 8+ new contributors and 1+ new committers have participated in the community since the last report. There are currently 267 contributors and 34 committers.
  • 50+ pull requests since entering the last report.
  • Number of GitHub stars increased (last report: 6022, currently: 6163).
  • Held 2 community meetings to discuss development tasks and how to build an open governance community.
  • 3 topics in participating in Gsoc activities.
  • 2 topics in participating in OSPP activities(https://summer-ospp.ac.cn/).

How has the project developed since the last report?

  • [Released] Released 2.4.3.
  • [New Feature] Support register instance to consul.
  • [New Feature] Support configurable timeout for Motan Plugin.
  • [New Feature] Sync plugin control from admin.
  • [New Feature] Add MemorySafeTaskQueue.
  • [New Feature] Add alert module.
  • [New Feature] Admin Support oracle database.
  • [New Feature] Record operation logs in admin.
  • [Refactor] Refactor result wrap.
  • [Refactor] Refactor divide plugin.
  • [Refactor] Refactor the performance of MemoryLimitCalculator.
  • [Refactor] Refactor logging plugin to loggingConsole plugin.
  • [Refactor] Refactor register-server module to register-client-server
  • [Refactor] Refactor response cors headers.
  • [Refactor] Refactor metadata match.
  • [Refactor] Refactor request query codec.
  • [Refactor] Refactor new pagination scheme.
  • [Refactor] Refactor valid data for admin.
  • [Refactor] Refactor web filter.
  • [Bug] Fix PostgreSQL script error.
  • [Bug] Fix keep waiting for acquiring memory unexpectedly.
  • [Bug] Fix encode queryParam's key to avoid 400 error.
  • [Bug] Fix plugin metadata valid error.

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  •  Initial setup
  •  Working towards first release
  •  Community building
  •  Nearing graduation
  •  Other:

Date of last release:

14 April 2022.

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

19 April 2022

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

Our mentors have been helpful and responsive.

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

The PPMC manages the podling's brand / trademarks.

Signed-off-by:

  •  (shenyu) Willem Ning Jiang Comments: community building in progress
  •  (shenyu) Jincheng Sun Comments:
  •  (shenyu) Duo Zhang Comments:
  •  (shenyu) Kevin Ratnasekera Comments:
  •  (shenyu) Atri Sharma Comments:
  •  (shenyu) Justin Mclean Comments:

IPMC/Shepherd notes:


Spot

Apache Spot is a platform for network telemetry built on an open data model and Apache Hadoop.

Spot has been incubating since 2016-09-23.

Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

  1. Revive community activity (Discussion in mailing lists, increase frequency of commits)
  2. Create a new roadmap and release plan that will improve adoption
  3. Make it easier to contribute to the project (eg, documentation, framework)

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

No notification was sent about our upcoming March 2022 report and as result we missed submitting our report.

How has the community developed since the last report?

We're continuing to solidify a short term and long term on a roadmap with the community that will allow more contributors to focus and work on different levels of the project (i.e. data modeling and schema design, use-cases, ingestion, ml, ui, dev ops, docs, etc). We're working to prioritize these discussions, onboarding new committers, and getting schedules aligned relative to everyone's other workloads.

How has the project developed since the last report?

The master branch of Apache Spot was largely developed for commercial but freely available Hadoop software (i.e. Cloudera, Hortonworks) are now in an end of life (eol) state. In the next several quarters there should be some priority to shift and add more native implementations on cloud providers (i.e. AWS, Azure, GCP).

In the short-term it may be feasible to get things working in AWS EMR, and specifically focus on fixing any issues related to getting the existing Spot software installed and working. We anticipate lots of compatibility issues such as working with newer versions of Spark with the existing code base, as well as updating python code to be compatible with Python 3.9 or later. Once we get this working we can also release a Cloudformation template to the public community so that getting Spot setup is much less labor intesnive than in the past.

In the long term we will want to support several cloud providers and on-premise options depending on the interest of the community.

Investigate and exploring a replacement for the Spot UI is also still a high priority. In the short-term, exploring Apache Supersets might be the best approach. Apache Supersets would give us a basic authentication and visualization layer into the data landed and processed by Spot.

In the long-term we will need to develop a more comprehensive security and use-case roadmap for the UI and determine if it makes sense to develop something from scratch. This will require more involvement and feedback in the community before we can start designing and planning.

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  •  Initial setup
  •  Working towards first release
  •  Community building
  •  Nearing graduation
  •  Other:

Date of last release:

2017-09-08

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

2019-09-02

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

Our mentor has been helpful. However, the board and our mentor have suggested we request an additional mentor to help us keep on top of things. We would like make this a high priority during the next quarter.

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

Yes

Signed-off-by:

  •  (spot) Uma Maheswara Rao G Comments:

IPMC/Shepherd notes:


StreamPipes  

StreamPipes is a self-service (Industrial) IoT toolbox to enable non- technical users to connect, analyze and explore (Industrial) IoT data streams.

StreamPipes has been incubating since 2019-11-11.

Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

  1. Complete maturity assessment
  2. Prepare graduation process

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

There are no issues right now.

How has the community developed since the last report?

  • The community focused on the new release
  • Several active discussions on the mailing list
  • Several users have asked for help on the user mailing list
  • Number of Twitter followers has increased (last report: 208, current:
  • Number of Github stars increased (last report: 274, current: 307)

How has the project developed since the last report?

  • This reporting period was focused on finishing the next release 0.69.0
  • Release 0.69.0 was successfully published
  • We plan to have a first stable release 1.0 within the next months

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  •  Initial setup
  •  Working towards first release
  •  Community building
  •  Nearing graduation
  •  Other:

Date of last release:

2022-03-21 (next release is under vote)

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

2022-03-16 (Stefan Obermeier)

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

Yes, our mentors are helpful.

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

Yes, project name is approved and the brand is actively managed.

Signed-off-by:

  •  (streampipes) Christofer Dutz Comments: This podling is doing great. Looking forwards to the graduation party.
  •  (streampipes) Jean-Baptiste Onofré Comments: Great podling, I think they are quite ready to graduate.
  •  (streampipes) Julian Feinauer Comments:
  •  (streampipes) Justin Mclean Comments:
  •  (streampipes) Kenneth Knowles Comments:

IPMC/Shepherd notes:


Teaclave

Teaclave is a universal secure computing platform.

Teaclave has been incubating since 2019-08-20.

Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

  • Improve project structure and documentation
  • Grow the community (attracting more committers, contributors, users)
  • Publish Apache releases (resolving logistics on Apache release)

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

None.

How has the community developed since the last report?

Since the last report, we have organized three monthly virtual meetups. For each meetup, we have write-ups published on the Teaclave blog.

We also released two versions of the Teaclave platform and Teaclave TrustZone separately:

How has the project developed since the last report?

Here are the summaries of recent progress:

Teaclave Faas Platform:

Teaclave TrustZone SDK

Teaclave SGX SDK

Website

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

  •  Initial setup
  •  Working towards first release
  •  Community building
  •  Nearing graduation
  •  Other:

Date of last release:

2021-04-18: Apache Teaclave (incubating) TrustZone SDK 0.2.0

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

  • 2022-04-26: Qinkun Bao (Apache ID: qinkun), Committer

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

Yes, our mentors work responsively to help us with electing new mentors, developing new features, fixing bugs, and expanding the community.

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

We don't find any 3rd parties incorrectly using the podling's name and brand. The VP, Brand has approved the project name. (PODLINGNAMESEARCH-175)

Signed-off-by:

  •  (teaclave) Felix Cheung Comments:
  •  (teaclave) Furkan Kamaci Comments:
  •  (teaclave) Jianyong Dai Comments:
  •  (teaclave) Matt Sicker Comments:
  •  (teaclave) Zhijie Shen Comments:
  •  (teaclave) Gordon King Comments:

IPMC/Shepherd notes:


Toree

Toree provides applications with a mechanism to interactively and remotely access Apache Spark.

Toree has been incubating since 2015-12-02.

Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:    

1.Increase active contributors

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

None

How has the community developed since the last report?

We added a new Mentor (@Weiwei Yang) which gave Toree an injection of new blood and ability to move votes quicker.

We have a few new enhancement patches and questions on the project, and overall Toree, which is sort of in a mature state, continued in a regular flow.

How has the project developed since the last report?

Release 0.5.0-incubating has finally been approved and released.

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  •  Initial setup
  •  Working towards first release
  •  Community building
  •  Nearing graduation
  •  Other:

Date of last release:

2022-04-11

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

Kevin Bates was added to the PPMC on 2019-08-14

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

After adding new mentor we are now able to move votes quicker.

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

No Trademark issues

Signed-off-by:

  •  (toree) Luciano Resende Comments:
  •  (toree) Julien Le Dem Comments:
  •  (toree) Ryan Blue Comments:
  •  (toree) Weiwei Yang Comments:

IPMC/Shepherd notes:


Training

The Training project aims to develop resources which can be used for training purposes in various media formats, languages and for various Apache and non-Apache target projects.

Training has been incubating since 2019-02-21.

Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

  1. Restart the Community
  2. Start doing releases
  3. Make Apache Training more well known

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

As mentioned in the previous reports, activity in the Training project has been very low. There was nearly no mailing list activity in the first quarter, and virtually no commits.

How has the community developed since the last report?

In April, one of the mentors (cdutz) launched a discussion on the mailing list to see what the community wanted to do with the project. Together, we brought up some ideas why the initial enthusiasm for Training materials has sputtered out.

Some of the ideas to make the project more relevant and build community include:

  • maintaining presence and visiblity as in-person conferences return,
  • encourage conversation and brainstorming about effective presentation resources on the dev website,
  • changing our focus to include self-learning resources for Apache projects, and
  • building and publishing Training web artifacts on the project website.

Even if it seems that we haven't yet found a clear and compelling niche, the existing community is willing to continue work to see where we can improve.

How has the project developed since the last report?

Specific work on showcasing web artifacts on the Training project website has started, as a quick win to demonstrate the project value.

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  •  Initial setup
  •  Working towards first release
  •  Community building
  •  Nearing graduation
  •  Other:

Date of last release:

2020-07-03 Presentation on NavigatingASFIncubation

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

2020-11-23 Gautam Gupta (Comitter)

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

It was a project mentor that relaunched the discussion after our long period of inactivity.

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

No issues.

Signed-off-by:

  •  (training) Craig Russell Comments:
  •  (training) Christofer Dutz Comments: We really need to get some more activity here.
  •  (training) Justin Mclean Comments:
  •  (training) Lars Francke Comments:

IPMC/Shepherd notes:


Tuweni

Tuweni is a set of libraries and other tools to aid development of blockchain and other decentralized software in Java and other JVM languages.

Tuweni has been incubating since 2019-03-25.

Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

  1. We need a functional PMC. It's not working right now.
  2. We need to educate devs and make sure we generate interest for them.
  3. We need to run some outreach to let the world know of this awesome project ;)

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

No big problem. We started a vote for new committers and it completely stalled though, mostly because our PMC is not in order yet.

How has the community developed since the last report?

We have had a few folks asking for releases and participating in our dev list.

How has the project developed since the last report?

We have continued making some code changes and new features, and made a maintenance release.

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  •  Initial setup
  •  Working towards first release
  •  Community building
  •  Nearing graduation
  •  Other:

Date of last release:

2022-03-18

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

ajsutton, 2021-12-21

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

As above, we need to continue our committer votes.

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

No answer

Signed-off-by:

  •  (tuweni) Jean-Baptiste Onofré Comments:
  •  (tuweni) Furkan Kamaci Comments:
  •  (tuweni) Antoine Toulme Comments: I filed the draft report.
  •  (tuweni) Dave Fisher Comments: Perhaps new committers should be voted onto the PPMC too.

IPMC/Shepherd notes:


Wayang

Wayang is a cross-platform data processing system that aims at decoupling the business logic of data analytics applications from concrete data processing platforms, such as Apache Flink or Apache Spark. Hence, it tames the complexity that arises from the "Cambrian explosion" of novel data processing platforms that we currently witness.

Wayang has been incubating since 2020-12-16.

Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

  1. Simplifying and documenting the release process  
  2. Had a significant growth (stars/forks at GitHub), but we want to gain popularity further and grow the community.

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

When establishing whether "Apache Wayang" was a proper name, it was rejected because the 'wayang' word was wrong translated by Google Translator as 'puppet' but instead of that means 'Imagination' or 'shadow'. Because of the confusion and to avoid future problems, the process is under "ASF's trademark counsel". The process started in January, and until these days, the community did not get any status updates.

How has the community developed since the last report?

When establishing whether "Apache Wayang" was a proper name, it was rejected because the 'wayang' word was wrong translated by Google Translator as 'puppet' but instead of that means 'Imagination' or 'shadow'. Because of the confusion and to avoid future problems, the process is under "ASF's trademark counsel". The process started in January, and until these days, the community did not get any status updates.

In addition to that the community is presenting some project for GSOC and OSPP.

How has the project developed since the last report?

The community growth is significant (according to Github); during the last month, two persons outside of the committer registered had been contributing to the code.

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  •  Initial setup
  •  Working towards first release
  •  Community building
  •  Nearing graduation
  •  Other:

Date of last release:  

December 13, 2021

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

2022-01-18 : Calvin Kirs

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

Yes, the mentors are very responsive and helpful, nevertheless, two of them have prolonged inactivity

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

The name is under the process of "ASF's trademark counsel."

Signed-off-by:

  •  (wayang) Christofer Dutz Comments:
  •  (wayang) Lars George Comments:
  •  (wayang) Bernd Fondermann Comments:
  •  (wayang) Jean-Baptiste Onofré Comments: great podling, we are still working on growing the community. However, we are pretty close to graduation imho.

IPMC/Shepherd notes:


  • No labels