Page tree
Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata


DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT

NOTE that the content for this month report is in markdown format- please do not remove any formatting characters when adding your reports.

It also best to:

  • Do not change existing formatting. Especially do not change the formatting of the sign-off area.
  • Keep all lines under 76 characters long.

  • All content under the ### headings should be indented by two spaces. Do not use tabs.

  • Please don't change the text in the headings or add new ones.
  • Include one space after a bullet point or full stop on a numbered list.
  • Use [X] (X and no spaces) to sign off reports.
  • Do not include long URLs and use the apache URL shortener https://s.apache.org.
  • Please note that some lines have two spaces at the end. Do not remove these spaces.

Please make sure you use the current report and don't copy an old one, the headings do change from time to time.

A script will be run on this report before it is submitted to the board. If your lines are too long it may insert line breaks in unexpected places.

Reflow
fold -w 76 -s $1 | cat -s


Timeline

Wed October 06Podling reports due by end of day
Sun October 10Shepherd reviews due by end of day
Sun October 10Summary due by end of day
Tue October 12Mentor signoff due by end of day
Wed October 13

Report submitted to Board

Wed October 20Board meeting


Shepherd Assignments

Dave FisherEventMesh
Dave FisherInLong
Drew FarrisBlueMarlin
Drew FarrisLinkis
Justin McleanKyuubi
P. Taylor GoetzAnnotator
P. Taylor GoetzMXNet
P. Taylor GoetzYuniKorn
Timothy ChenFlagon
Timothy ChenPegasus
Timothy ChenTeaclave

DataLab

Liminal

Livy

Milagro

NuttX

Pony Mail

ShenYu

Incubator PMC report for October 2021

The Apache Incubator is the entry path into the ASF for projects and codebases wishing to become part of the Foundation's efforts.

TODO add narrative

Community

New IPMC members:

People who left the IPMC:

New Podlings

Podlings that failed to report, expected next month

Graduations

  • list podling here

The board has motions for the following:

  • Your podling here?

Releases

The following releases entered distribution during the month of September:

IP Clearance

Infrastructure

Miscellaneous

Credits

Table of Contents

Annotator
BlueMarlin
DataLab
EventMesh
Flagon
Hivemall
InLong
Kyuubi
Liminal
Linkis
Livy
Milagro
MXNet
NuttX
Pegasus
[Pony Mail](#pony mail)
ShenYu
Spot
Teaclave
YuniKorn


Annotator

Annotator provides annotation enabling code for browsers, servers, and humans.

Annotator has been incubating since 2016-08-30.

Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

  1. Build community
  2. Maintain a regular release cadence
  3. Grow the PPMC and committer groups

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

None at this time.

How has the community developed since the last report?

There was a small surge in interest and issue reports from the community surrounding the most recent release, but that has yet to convert into a higher level of sustained activity.

How has the project developed since the last report?

The project completed a second ASF release in September. Highlights of the release include converting the project to TypeScript and adding API documentation to the website.

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  •  Initial setup
  •  Working towards first release
  •  Community building
  •  Nearing graduation
  •  Other:

Date of last release:

2021-09-03

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

 2018-09-04

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

Mentors have been helpful and responsive to questions about release process, as well as responsive and supportive around reporting. There are no issues at this time.

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

The PPMC is not aware of any branding issues at this time.

Signed-off-by:

  •  (annotator) Nick Kew
    Comments:
  •  (annotator) Tommaso Teofili
    Comments:
  •  (annotator) Benjamin Young
    Comments:

IPMC/Shepherd notes:


BlueMarlin

BlueMarlin will develop a web service to add intelligence functionality to a plain ad system.

BlueMarlin has been incubating since 2020-06-09.

Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

  1. Improve DL-predictor performance and make error rate less than 15%.
  2. Create a new release plan
  3. Reduce the training time of LookALike model

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

How has the community developed since the last report?

This is the second report since incubation. As of September 9th, 2021, the project has 7 contributors and 2 forks. It has 11 closed pull requests and 0 open issues.

How has the project developed since the last report?

The following features/fixes were added after March 30th, 2021:

  1. Fix bugs on DLPredictor
  2. Add outlier module to improve accuracy of the DLPredictor
  3. Consider Ad-Unit-ID in clustering module in DLPredictor
  4. Remove dead-points of time-series in DLPredictor
  5. Add script to report performance statistics of DLPredictor
  6. Add integration tests to DLPredictor
  7. Update Lookalike Application to handle large user set

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  •  Initial setup
  •  Working towards first release
  •  Community building
  •  Nearing graduation
  •  Other:

Date of last release:

NA

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

Are things falling through the cracks? If so, please list any open issues that need to be addressed. Yes, but still need help to migrate our issue list from original github repo to apache github repo.

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

Are 3rd parties respecting and correctly using the podlings name and brand? If not what actions has the PPMC taken to correct this? Has the VP, Brand approved the project name?

Signed-off-by:

  •  (bluemarlin) Craig Russell
    Comments:
  •  (bluemarlin) Jean-Baptiste Onofré
    Comments:
  •  (bluemarlin) Von Gosling
    Comments:
  •  (bluemarlin) Junping Du
    Comments:
  •  (bluemarlin) Uma Maheswara Rao G
    Comments:

IPMC/Shepherd notes:


DataLab

DataLab is a platform for creating self-service, exploratory data science environments in the cloud using best-of-breed data science tools.

DataLab has been incubating since 2018-08-20.

Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

How has the community developed since the last report?

How has the project developed since the last report?

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  •  Initial setup
  •  Working towards first release
  •  Community building
  •  Nearing graduation
  •  Other:

Date of last release:

XXXX-XX-XX

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

Are things falling through the cracks? If so, please list any open issues that need to be addressed.

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

Are 3rd parties respecting and correctly using the podlings name and brand? If not what actions has the PPMC taken to correct this? Has the VP, Brand approved the project name?

Signed-off-by:

  •  (datalab) P. Taylor Goetz
    Comments:
  •  (datalab) Henry Saputra
    Comments:
  •  (datalab) Konstantin I Boudnik
    Comments:
  •  (datalab) Furkan Kamaci
    Comments:

IPMC/Shepherd notes:


EventMesh

EventMesh is a dynamic cloud-native basic service runtime used to decouple the application and middleware layer.

EventMesh has been incubating since 2021-02-18.

Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

How has the community developed since the last report?

How has the project developed since the last report?

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  •  Initial setup
  •  Working towards first release
  •  Community building
  •  Nearing graduation
  •  Other:

Date of last release:

XXXX-XX-XX

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

Are things falling through the cracks? If so, please list any open issues that need to be addressed.

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

Are 3rd parties respecting and correctly using the podlings name and brand? If not what actions has the PPMC taken to correct this? Has the VP, Brand approved the project name?

Signed-off-by:

  •  (eventmesh) Francois Papon
    Comments:
  •  (eventmesh) Junping Du
    Comments:
  •  (eventmesh) Jean-Baptiste Onofré
    Comments:
  •  (eventmesh) Justin Mclean
    Comments:
  •  (eventmesh) Von Gosling
    Comments:

IPMC/Shepherd notes:


Flagon

Flagon is a software tool usability testing platform

Flagon has been incubating since 2016-07-13.

Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

  1. Continue VOTE thread for Graduation on general@incubator

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

None at this time.

How has the community developed since the last report?

Onboarding new contributors within a large-scale university consortium. We expect VOTES on new committers Q4 2020.

How has the project developed since the last report?

We have committed minor enhancements to UserALE.js and have maintained the code base. Ongoing development and design on visualization (Apache Superset) and analytics packages continues. We expect a new UserALE.js release in Q4 2021.

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  •  Initial setup
  •  Working towards first release
  •  Community building
  •  Nearing graduation
  •  Other:

Date of last release:  

2021-06-03 Apache UserALE.js 2.2.0  

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

2021-03-26 (Gedd Johnson)

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

Are things falling through the cracks? If so, please list any open issues that need to be addressed.

Yes, Mentors are supportive. Slow quarter, with focus on use-case and user community growth/training. Expect to reinvigorate Graduation VOTE in 2021 Q4.

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

Are 3rd parties respecting and correctly using the podlings name and brand? If not what actions has the PPMC taken to correct this? Has the VP, Brand approved the project name?

Yes.

Signed-off-by:

  •  (flagon) Lewis John McGibbney
    Comments:
  •  (flagon) David Meikle
    Comments:
  •  (flagon) Tim Allison
    Comments:
  •  (flagon) Furkan Kamaci
    Comments:

IPMC/Shepherd notes:


Hivemall

Hivemall is a library for machine learning implemented as Hive UDFs/UDAFs/UDTFs.

Hivemall has been incubating since 2016-09-13.

Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

  1. Community growth (committers and users)
  2. One or more Apache Releases as an Incubator project

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

PPMCs are considering exit approaches including retiring.

How has the community developed since the last report?

  • Not significantly different from the last report.
  • Few traffic from users such as HIVEMALL-306, HIVEMALL-312, HIVEMALL-313
  • Github stars are increased to 292 and 112 forks

How has the project developed since the last report?

  • Korean Tokenizer support (HIVEMALL-307)
  • Hotfix for Spark support fixing user reported problems (HIVEMALL-311, HIVEMALL-312, HIVEMALL-314)

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  •  Initial setup
  •  Working towards first release
  •  Community building
  •  Nearing graduation
  •  Other:

Date of last release:

2019-12-19

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

Elected Jerome Banks as a committer on April 2, 2018.

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

Yes

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

Yes, we keep tracking podling's brand / trademarks.

Signed-off-by:

  •  (hivemall) Daniel Dai
    Comments:
  •  (hivemall) Koji Sekiguchi
    Comments:

IPMC/Shepherd notes:


InLong

InLong is a one-stop data streaming platform that provides automatic, secure, distributed, and efficient data publishing and subscription capabilities. This platform helps you easily build stream-based data applications.

InLong has been incubating since 2019-11-03.

Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

  1. Improve and optimize the system to solve the system shortboard
  2. Promote the system, to let more people use and participate in the community
  3. Building a diverse community with open governance

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

No issues

How has the community developed since the last report?

  1. 1 new contributor has joined the community since the last report (currently: 57)
  2. Participated in the ApacheCon Asia online conference in August, introducing the architecture and advantages of InLong
  3. Plan to hold an offline + online meetup in October to discuss how to run the InLong community well in the next

How has the project developed since the last report?

In version 0.10.0, we integrated the project, Dockerized all components, provided one-click installation capabilities, simplified module configuration, and lowered the threshold for using InLong; in the upcoming 0.11.0 version, we are doing the following Improvement: the entire chain adds support for Pulsar reporting, and the Sort module adds support for IceBerg and ClickHouse landing to increase the use of components.

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  •  Initial setup
  •  Working towards first release
  •  Community building
  •  Nearing graduation
  •  Other:

Date of last release:

2021-09-14

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

The last committer or PPMC was elected on on 2020-12-15.

Judging from the current contribution situation,it is expected that someone contributor will be promoted to the committer in the next version.

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

Yes, our mentors are very helpful and responsive.

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

Yes, all good here.

Signed-off-by:

  •  (inlong) Junping Du
    Comments:
  •  (inlong) Justin Mclean
    Comments:
  •  (inlong) Sijie Guo
    Comments:
  •  (inlong) Zhijie Shen
    Comments:
  •  (inlong) Jean-Baptiste Onofré
    Comments:

IPMC/Shepherd notes:


Kyuubi

Kyuubi is a distributed multi-tenant Thrift JDBC/ODBC server for large-scale data management, processing, and analytics, built on top of Apache Spark and designed to support more engines.

Kyuubi has been incubating since 2021-06-21.

Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

  1. Gain more active contributors/committers to build a diverse community
  2. Make Apache releases regularly and keep the quality for all releases
  3. Improve project structure and documentation

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

No

How has the community developed since the last report?

  1. 4 new contributors participate in the community since the last one. There are currently 46 contributors and 9 committers.
  2. 17 authors have pushed 84 commits to master and 103 commits to all branches. On master, 172 files have changed and there have been 7,220 additions and 3,188 deletions.
  3. Several discussions/bug reports on the GitHub Issues/WeChat groups, etc.
  4. Number of GitHub stars increased (last report: 692, currently: 754).
  5. Participate in 1 off line meetup (@ Huawei corp., Hangzhou, China) to promote the project.

How has the project developed since the last report?

  1. We have released 1.3.0-incuabating in Sep. 15
  2. RESTful API Design is accomplished, the community is working on implementation
  3. Z-Order Support under dev
  4. Flink engine support under discussion with a draft

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  •  Initial setup
  •  Working towards first release
  •  Community building
  •  Nearing graduation
  •  Other:

Date of last release:

2021-09-15

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

No new committer added yet

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

Are things falling through the cracks? If so, please list any open issues that need to be addressed.

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

Are 3rd parties respecting and correctly using the podlings name and brand? If not what actions has the PPMC taken to correct this? Has the VP, Brand approved the project name?

Signed-off-by:

  •  (kyuubi) Willem Ning Jiang
    Comments:
  •  (kyuubi) Jeff Zhang
    Comments:
  •  (kyuubi) Duo Zhang
    Comments:
  •  (kyuubi) Akira Ajisaka
    Comments:

IPMC/Shepherd notes:


Liminal

Apache Liminal is an end-to-end platform for data engineers and scientists, allowing them to build, train and deploy machine learning models in a robust and agile way.

Liminal has been incubating since 2020-05-23.

Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

  1. Grow developers community.
  2. Adoption of the project by a few companies.
  3. More features - provide out-of-the-box usability for common use-cases.

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

NA

How has the community developed since the last report?

We have presented Liminal to several companies, got great feedback, and they are now evaluating Liminal for their use cases. We have presented in ApacheCon Asia and ApacheCon.

How has the project developed since the last report?

We have released v 0.0.3 - a major milestone to Liminal, containing out-of-the-box functionality to run an ML pipeline locally and in AWS, using Airflow, Kubernetes & Spark.

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  •  Initial setup
  •  Working towards first release
  •  Community building
  •  Nearing graduation
  •  Other:

Date of last release:

2021-08-12

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

NA

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

Are things falling through the cracks? If so, please list any open issues that need to be addressed.

Super helpful.

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

Are 3rd parties respecting and correctly using the podlings name and brand? If not what actions has the PPMC taken to correct this? Has the VP, Brand approved the project name? NA

Signed-off-by:

  •  (liminal) Jean-Baptiste Onofré
    Comments:
  •  (liminal) Henry Saputra
    Comments:
  •  (liminal) Uma Maheswara Rao G
    Comments:
  •  (liminal) Davor Bonaci
    Comments:
  •  (liminal) Liang Chen
    Comments:

IPMC/Shepherd notes:


Linkis

Apache Linkis is a computation middleware project, which decouples the upper applications and the underlying data engines, provides standardized interfaces (REST, JDBC, WebSocket etc.) to easily connect to various underlying engines (Spark, Presto, Flink, etc.).

Linkis has been incubating since 2021-08-02.  ### Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

  1. Improve project infrastructure(CI, CD, test automation, etc.) and structure to facilitate community collaboration
  2. Make Apache releases regularly and keep the quality for all releases
  3. Gain more active contributors and committers to build a diverse community

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

None.

How has the community developed since the last report?

  • No new contributors since last repot(2021/09/14). There are currently 51 contributors and 15 committers.
  • 45 issues and 31 pull requests since last report.
  • 125 GitHub stars increased (last report: 2095, currently: 2200).

How has the project developed since the last report?

  • Apache release 1.0.3 under development, progress 80%.
  • Linkis website under development, progress 60%.

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  •  Initial setup
  •  Working towards first release
  •  Community building
  •  Nearing graduation
  •  Other:

Date of last release:

2021-09-02

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

2021/08

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

Our mentors have been helpful and responsive.

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

The PPMC manages the podling's brand / trademarks.

Signed-off-by:

  •  (Linkis)  Junping_Du   Comments:
  •  (Linkis)  Duo Zhang   Comments:
  •  (Linkis)  Jerry Shao   Comments:
  •  (Linkis)  Lidong Dai   Comments:
  •  (Linkis)  Shao Feng Shi   Comments:

IPMC/Shepherd notes:


Livy

Livy is web service that exposes a REST interface for managing long running Apache Spark contexts in your cluster. With Livy, new applications can be built on top of Apache Spark that require fine grained interaction with many Spark contexts.

Livy has been incubating since 2017-06-05.

Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

How has the community developed since the last report?

How has the project developed since the last report?

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  •  Initial setup
  •  Working towards first release
  •  Community building
  •  Nearing graduation
  •  Other:

Date of last release:

XXXX-XX-XX

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

Are things falling through the cracks? If so, please list any open issues that need to be addressed.

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

Are 3rd parties respecting and correctly using the podlings name and brand? If not what actions has the PPMC taken to correct this? Has the VP, Brand approved the project name?

Signed-off-by:

  •  (livy) Bikas Saha
    Comments:
  •  (livy) Luciano Resende
    Comments:
  •  (livy) Jean-Baptiste Onofré
    Comments:

IPMC/Shepherd notes:


Milagro

Milagro is core security infrastructure and crypto libraries for decentralized networks and distributed systems.

Milagro has been incubating since 2015-12-21.

Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

  1. Continue to build relevant and useful crypto libraries and applications for decentralized networks in order to grow the ecosystem of users and contributors to the project. 2.Continue to improve compliance with the Apache Way. In particular to update the Milagro website and other project sites (e.g. Whimsy) in accordance with Apache policies.  
  2. Further releases to increase the scope of the Milagro project, extend the capability of existing releases and to demonstrate improved compliance with the Apache Way.

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

Administrative tasks are still outstanding due to members' other commitments and the pandemic. These include In particular, a PPMC meeting to discuss the project roadmap needs to be arranged, old releases need to be deleted, confirmation that the project's Whimsy, Clutch, SVN, Confluence & Committers pages are all current, and the code signing keys needs countersigning. Investigations into a redirect on Milagro's home page and an XSS vulnerability on the Decentralized Trust Authority's Swagger page are ongoing.

How has the community developed since the last report?

No change.

How has the project developed since the last report?

Works is still progressing preparing the MPC library for its first official Apache release. Some issue regarding static code analysis were encountered but these have now been resolved. A request to release the Rust version of the core crypto library has been received from within the Milagro community.

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  •  Initial setup
  •  Working towards first release
  •  Community building
  •  Nearing graduation
  •  Other:

Date of last release:

2020-02-10

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

February 2020

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

Previous podling report sign-off was missed.

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

No known issues, but further investigation is still required by the Milagro community.

Signed-off-by:

  •  (milagro) Nick Kew
    Comments:
  •  (milagro) Jean-Frederic Clere
    Comments:

IPMC/Shepherd notes:


MXNet

A Flexible and Efficient Library for Deep Learning

MXNet has been incubating since 2017-01-23.

Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

How has the community developed since the last report?

How has the project developed since the last report?

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  •  Initial setup
  •  Working towards first release
  •  Community building
  •  Nearing graduation
  •  Other:

Date of last release:

XXXX-XX-XX

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

Are things falling through the cracks? If so, please list any open issues that need to be addressed.

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

Are 3rd parties respecting and correctly using the podlings name and brand? If not what actions has the PPMC taken to correct this? Has the VP, Brand approved the project name?

Signed-off-by:

  •  (mxnet) Markus Weimer
    Comments:
  •  (mxnet) Bob Paulin
    Comments:
  •  (mxnet) Jason Dai
    Comments:
  •  (mxnet) Furkan Kamaci
    Comments:
  •  (mxnet) Zhenxu Ke
    Comments:

IPMC/Shepherd notes:


NuttX

NuttX is a mature, real-time embedded operating system (RTOS).

NuttX has been incubating since 2019-12-09.

Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

  1. Clear any potential infringing use of the NuttX trademark
  2. Achieve a non-WIP Disclaimer release under Apache
  3. Continue to grow the community with people from different background

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

The project has begun to discuss graduation to TLP and hopes to start
this process in the near future. We would appreciate any helpful
feedback that will assist us in taking this important step forward.

How has the community developed since the last report?

  • Virtually all communications have moved from old venues to
    dev@nuttx.apache.org. The dev list contains 245 subscribers, an
    increase of 7% since our previous report, and is the home of most
    development discussions and user questions.
  • GitHub's PRs and Issues also have their own discussions.
  • We are seeing new contributors to the project through GitHub.
  • No non-PPMC committers have been added since the last report.
  • One new PPMC member has been added since the last report: Sara
    Monteiro joined the PPMC in May.  
  • No non-PPMC committers have been added since the last report.

How has the project developed since the last report?

  • NuttX developers and contributors organized the annual NuttX
    Workshop 2021. Due to continuing concerns around COVID, this
    year's workshop was held online. The event took place on 21-22
    August 2021 and can be seen online at
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxhrnO4qz0w. More information
    about this and other NuttX events can be found at
    https://nuttx.events.
  • We continue to make significant steps toward license clearing,
    needed for graduation. This month, we have received four new SGAs
    and five new ICLAs. Efforts continue to clear files and change
    their license to the Apache 2.0 License through the large effort
    of our volunteers. Since joining the Incubator, tens of thousands
    of files have been changed to the Apache 2.0 License with the
    permission of more than 70 individuals and 20 organizations who
    signed ICLAs, CCLAs, and SGAs to assist us in getting closer to
    graduation. We are grateful to everyone for their invaluable
    support through this important process.
  • NuttX developers and contributors organized an event called NuttX
    Monthly Meetup, the first event of its kind, which took place at
    https://meet.jit.si/NuttXMeetup, to discuss topics such as
    continuing efforts toward license clearing and the next NuttX
    release. Following the event, a lengthy discussion took place at
    the NuttX mailing list where concerns were expressed about the
    meeting's content and synchronous venue. Currently it is unclear
    whether similar events will be organized in the future. If they
    will, it seems likely that the focus will be to promote NuttX and
    answer users questions.
  • The community has begun discussing the next release, NuttX-10.2,
    and a developer has volunteered to serve as Release Manager for
    this release.
  • Many technical improvements, bug fixes, and new architectures
    have been collaborated and work continues with several pull
    requests merged per day.
  • We have listened to the valuable feedback received during our
    previous releases and continue to improve our documentation. This
    can be found at https://nuttx.apache.org/docs/latest/.

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  •  Initial setup
  •  Working towards first release
  •  Community building
  •  Nearing graduation
  •  Other:

Date of last release:

NuttX-10.1.0 was released on 2021-05-26.

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

Last elected PPMC: 2021-05-08

Last committer added: 2021-04-14

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

Mentors are helpful and responsive.

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

Podling name was approved on May 17th 2020: https://s.apache.org/4hfzx

Signed-off-by:

  •  (nuttx) Duo Zhang
    Comments: Looking forward to your next release. And on the monthly meetup, my suggestion is still that, it is OK to hold these events but the final decision must be made on the mailing list, not on the event.
  •  (nuttx) Junping Du
    Comments:
  •  (nuttx) Justin Mclean
    Comments:
  •  (nuttx) Mohammad Asif Siddiqui
    Comments:
  •  (nuttx) Flavio Paiva Junqueira
    Comments:

IPMC/Shepherd notes:


Pegasus

Pegasus is a distributed key-value storage system which is designed to be simple, horizontally scalable, strongly consistent and high-performance.

Pegasus has been incubating since 2020-06-28.

Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

  1. Grow the community, attracting more users, contributors and committers  
  2. Resolve the license problems
  3. Publish more releases in ASF policy regularly

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

N/A

How has the community developed since the last report?

Since the last report, we have raise a offline meetup on 2021-09-25.

How has the project developed since the last report?

We are discussing next release, it might be released on the end of October.

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  •  Initial setup
  •  Working towards first release
  •  Community building
  •  Nearing graduation
  •  Other:

Date of last release:

2021-06-28: Apache Pegasus(incubating 2.2.0)

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

New committer: Yanzhao Tang(2021-07-07)

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

Are things falling through the cracks? If so, please list any open issues that need to be addressed.

Yes

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

Are 3rd parties respecting and correctly using the podlings name and brand? If not what actions has the PPMC taken to correct this? Has the VP, Brand approved the project name?

Yes

Signed-off-by:

  •  (pegasus) Kevin A. McGrail
    Comments:
  •  (pegasus) Duo zhang
    Comments:
  •  (pegasus) Liang Chen
    Comments:
  •  (pegasus) Von Gosling
    Comments:
  •  (pegasus) Liu Xun
    Comments:

IPMC/Shepherd notes:


Pony Mail

Pony Mail is a mail-archiving, archive viewing, and interaction service, that can be integrated with many email platforms.

Pony Mail has been incubating since 2016-05-27.

Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

  1. Grow the community
  2. Work towards a release of Foal
  3. Ensure there are proper unit tests
  4. Add tests for API compatibility

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

None

How has the community developed since the last report?

Making great progress on the next gen suite (Foal), with input from the usual suspects and more than 20 issues/PRs resolved this quarter, as well as lots of traffic on the dev@ list.

We hope to engage more of the community as well as grow it, in order to receive more valuable feedback from especially UI testing.

We have begun discussing graduation, though we feel we could use a few more people for better project oversight.

How has the project developed since the last report?

No noteworthy developments on the community front, but activity in the project as noted above.

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  •  Initial setup
  •  Working towards first release
  •  Community building
  •  Nearing graduation
  •  Other:

Date of last release:

2019-04-20

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

Sean Palmer was elected committer on April 2nd, 2021.

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

Are things falling through the cracks? If so, please list any open issues that need to be addressed.

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

Are 3rd parties respecting and correctly using the podlings name and brand? If not what actions has the PPMC taken to correct this? Has the VP, Brand approved the project name?

Signed-off-by:

  •  (ponymail) John D. Ament
    Comments:
  •  (ponymail) Sharan Foga
    Comments:

IPMC/Shepherd notes:


ShenYu

ShenYu is a high performance Microservices API gateway in Java ecosystem, compatible with a variety of mainstream framework systems, supports hot plug. Users can write their own plugin meet the current requirement and future needs in a variety of scenarios, especially in large-scale scenes.

ShenYu has been incubating since 2021-05-03.

Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

  1. Make an Apache Release.
  2. Build new website document.
  3. Building a diverse community with open governance.

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

None.

How has the community developed since the last report?

  • 19+ new contributors and 1+ new committers participate in the community since entered the last report. There are currently 207 contributors and 26 committers.
  • 60+ pull request since entered the last report
  • There is regular traffic on the mailing list (~70+ mailing list discussions/month).
  • Number of GitHub stars increased (last report: 5063, currently: 5341).
  • Held 2 community meetings to discuss development tasks and how to build an open governance community.

How has the project developed since the last report?

  • Ready for release 2.4.1.
  • Add Websocket plugin.
  • Add CryptorRequest plugin.
  • Add CryptorResponsePlugin plugin.
  • Support JDK8 ~ JDK15.
  • Support dynamic loading plugin.
  • Support local modification data mode.
  • Support Grayscale Release for SpringCloud.
  • Support Grayscale Release for Apache Dubbo.
  • Support sign plugin custom dynamic sign provider.
  • Remove lombok dependency.
  • Remove mapstruct dependency.

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  •  Initial setup
  •  Working towards first release
  •  Community building
  •  Nearing graduation
  •  Other:

Date of last release:

August 2021.

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

September 2021

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

Our mentors have been helpful and responsive.

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

The PPMC manages the podling's brand / trademarks.

Signed-off-by:

  •  (shenyu) Willem Ning Jiang
    Comments:
  •  (shenyu) Jincheng Sun
    Comments:
  •  (shenyu) Duo Zhang
    Comments:
  •  (shenyu) Kevin Ratnasekera
    Comments:
  •  (shenyu) Atri Sharma
    Comments:
  •  (shenyu) Justin Mclean
    Comments:

IPMC/Shepherd notes:


Spot

Apache Spot is a platform for network telemetry built on an open data model and Apache Hadoop.

Spot has been incubating since 2016-09-23.

Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

How has the community developed since the last report?

How has the project developed since the last report?

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  •  Initial setup
  •  Working towards first release
  •  Community building
  •  Nearing graduation
  •  Other:

Date of last release:

XXXX-XX-XX

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

Are things falling through the cracks? If so, please list any open issues that need to be addressed.

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

Are 3rd parties respecting and correctly using the podlings name and brand? If not what actions has the PPMC taken to correct this? Has the VP, Brand approved the project name?

Signed-off-by:

  •  (spot) Uma Maheswara Rao G
    Comments:

IPMC/Shepherd notes:


Teaclave

Teaclave is a universal secure computing platform, making computation on privacy-sensitive data safe and simple.

Teaclave has been incubating since 2019-08-20.

Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

  • Improve project structure and documentation
  • Grow the community (attracting more committers, contributors, users)
  • Publish Apache releases (resolving logistics on Apache release)

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

None.

How has the community developed since the last report?

Since the last report, we have organized one monthly virtual meetup (we skipped one due to the public holiday). For each meetup, we have minutes write-up published on the Teaclave blog.

Starting from this meetup, we use Google Calendar to show the meetup schedule and location (i.e., the Zoom link).

We also have two new members elected since the last report:

  • 2021-09-20: Yuan Zhuang (Apache ID: TBD), Committer
  • 2021-09-20: Rong Fan (Apache ID: TBD), Commiter

How has the project developed since the last report?

Here are the summaries of recent progress:

Teaclave Faas Platform

  • Add TVM MNIST example
  • Add IDE helper script
  • Add license header and include SkyWalking Eyes in CI for automatic checking
  • Release v0.3.0: https://teaclave.apache.org/download/#teaclave
  • Consolidate docker-compose scripts for servers with different SGX drivers

Teaclave TrustZone SDK

  • TEE Socket APIs and examples
  • Upgrade building docker to Ubuntu 20.04
  • Switch to GitHub Actions
  • Add -rs to examples and update test scripts
  • Update to OP-TEE 3.14.0

Teaclave SGX SDK

  • Intel SGX SDK 2.14
  • Move wiki pages to the document directory for homepage rendering
  • Better project template

Website

Community Collaboration

  • Teaclave/Intel: Integrating Graphene as a new Library OS executor
  • Teaclave/OP-TEE: Integrating examples in Rust TrustZone SDK in OP-TEE

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  •  Initial setup
  •  Working towards first release
  •  Community building
  •  Nearing graduation
  •  Other:

Date of last release:

2021-08-23: Apache Teaclave (incubating) 0.3.0

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

  • 2021-09-20: Yuan Zhuang (Apache ID: TBD), Committer
  • 2021-09-20: Rong Fan (Apache ID: TBD), Committer

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

Yes, our mentors work responsively to help us with electing new mentors, developing new features, fixing bugs, and expanding the community.

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

We don't find any 3rd parties incorrectly using the podling's name and brand. The VP, Brand has approved the project name. (PODLINGNAMESEARCH-175)

Signed-off-by:

  •  (teaclave) Felix Cheung
    Comments:
  •  (teaclave) Furkan Kamaci
    Comments:
  •  (teaclave) Jianyong Dai
    Comments:
  •  (teaclave) Matt Sicker
    Comments:
  •  (teaclave) Zhijie Shen
    Comments:
  •  (teaclave) Gordon King
    Comments:

IPMC/Shepherd notes:


YuniKorn

YuniKorn is a standalone resource scheduler responsible for scheduling batch jobs and long-running services on large scale distributed systems running in on-premises environments as well as different public clouds.

YuniKorn has been incubating since 2020-01-21.

Three most important unfinished issues to address before graduating:

  1. Increase the number of contributors and committers.
  2. Plan feature to release mapping.
  3. Improve the ease of deployment and documentation quality.

Are there any issues that the IPMC or ASF Board need to be aware of?

 No issues at this point in time.

How has the community developed since the last report?

Two new committers added, multiple new contributors added to the community. Released v0.11.0, work on v1.0.0 is in progress.

How has the project developed since the last report?

Working towards a v1.0 release. Scheduler interface changes are planned to simplify the code. Improved node sorting code. Performance tests showing a major improvement and large advantage over the default Kubernetes scheduler. A performance blog is in preparation.
Blog published (3rd party) on gang scheduling.

Some statistics for the report period (2021-07-01 till 2021-09-30):
JIRA: 141 created, 118 resolved
PRs: 125 opened, 122 resolved
17 unique active code contributors (cumulative for all repos)

How would you assess the podling's maturity?

Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  •  Initial setup
  •  Working towards first release
  •  Community building
  •  Nearing graduation
  •  Other:

Date of last release:

 2021-08-27

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?

2021-08-26 & 2021-09-22 committers added

Have your mentors been helpful and responsive?

Yes

Is the PPMC managing the podling's brand / trademarks?

No issues that we are aware of.

Signed-off-by:

  •  (yunikorn) Junping Du
    Comments:
  •  (yunikorn) Felix Cheung
    Comments:
  •  (yunikorn) Jason Lowe
    Comments:
  •  (yunikorn) Holden Karau
    Comments:

IPMC/Shepherd notes:

  • No labels