Apache JMeter Wiki
Apache JMeter is a 100% pure Java desktop application designed to load test functional behavior and measure performance. It was originally designed for testing Web Applications but has since expanded to other test functions.
Current Version: 5.5
Sorry, but due to persistent spamming, we have had to introduce the restriction that users must ask for permission to edit pages.
If necessary, sign up using the link in the top right of the page.
Then send a brief description of your proposed edit(s) (including your wiki username) to the JMeter Developer List asking to be granted edit permission. Once this has been done you can edit the pages in this Wiki.
Everyone is encouraged to help us keep JMeter's Wiki up to date.
Please note that the content on this Wiki is presented AS IS in the hope it may be useful.
The JMeter project tries to ensure accuracy of the content of the pages hosted on this Wiki, but they have no control over the content of 3rd party sites linked from these pages.
If you notice any information that is misleading, inaccurate or inappropriate, please let the JMeter Developer List know
- JMeter FAQ
- A step by step guide to creating regular expressions
- JMeter and HTTPS
- JMeterAndOperatingSystemsTested - List of operating system tested with JMeter
- How to decode encoded/escaped URLs
- Debugging problems when recording with the JMeter Proxy
- Tutorials and How-to articles
- Distributed Testing
- Recording Tests
- JUnit Sampler
- Access Log Sampler
- Testing a JSF Application with JMeter
- Website load tests with JMeter (in french) and Several articles/tutorials (in french)
- Testing a SUN RI JSF Application with JMeter
- A short series of JMeter articles
- The BSF PreProcessor for dynamically generating requests in JMeter
- JMeterTesting ASPNETViewState
- JSF test with SUN implementation - Testing a SUN RI JSF Application with JMeter
- JMeter and Amazon - Issues with load testing applications hosted in Amazon's cloud
- JMeter Switch Controller or How to Run a sampler with a certain Percentage
- BlazeMeter Blog - Blog with tips about testing with JMeter, evaluating JMeter features, calculating results and analysis of results.
- BlazeMeter's Knowledge Base - Knowledge hub offering articles and tutorials on JMeter, performance and load testing.
- JMeter Performance Tuning Tips
- JMeter New GUI features to increase your productivity
- Brazilian website on JMeter
- Controlling Bandwidth in JMeter to simulate different networks - Examples of httpclient.socket.http.cps to simulate network bandwidth
- General Articles on Performance testing etc.
- How many threads does JMeter support?
- Articles on Performance Testing see in particular "User Experience, not Metrics" about half-way down the page
- Performance Testing Guidance for Web Applications
- JMeterAutomatedRemoteTesting - notes on remote testing and parametrisation
- Types of Performance Testing Performance Testing Guidance for Web Applications (Microsoft)
- The Art of Application Performance Testing Ian Molyneux (pub. O'Reilly)
- Why does JMeter get different results from my browser?
- Some error messages and possible causes
- It does not work! Fault Reporting
- JtlFiles - information on JTL files
- RegularExpressions - examples etc
- LogAnalysis using Perl and Excel etc
- NetworkSniffer - tools to capture HTTP Requests
- MonitoringServers - tools to monitor servers
- Benchmarking MySQL with JMeter and MySQL
- JMeter Shortcuts - Current and proposed changes
- JMeter Performance evolution accross versions - A performance comparison of JMeter versions starting from 2.5.1
- Socket closed increase since JMeter 2.10
Books on JMeter
- Master Apache JMeter : From load testing to DevOps, English book by Antonio Gomes Rodrigues, Bruno Demion (Milamber) and Philippe Mouawad, October 2018
- Learn Apache JMeter by Example by Sai Matam and Jagdeep Jain, October 2016
- Maîtriser JMeter : Du Test de charge à Devops , French book by Antonio Gomes Rodrigues, Bruno Demion (Milamber) and Philippe Mouawad, November 2015
- Performance Testing with JMeter - Second Edition by Bayo Erinle, Packt. (April 2015)
- JMeter Cookbook by Bayo Erinle October 2014
- Apache JMeter by Emily H. Halili June 2008
- JMeter 3.0 Advanced (Video) by Haneesh Panicker, Packt. (April 2017)
- Learning JMeter 3.0 (Video) by Haneesh Panicker, Packt. (February 2017)
External (Third Party) References
- Free and commercial 3rd party plugins for JMeter
- Links to articles and documents about JMeter
- Links to Third Party software for use with JMeter
- Companies that use JMeter - a list of companies that use JMeter for testing
- Support and Training - A list of companies that offer support and training for JMeter.
- External JMeter Services - companies providing JMeter services such as cloud-based JMeter
- Building JMeter - brief description of how to build JMeter
- ReleaseCreation - steps needed to create a release
- CreatingHashes - Using Ant to create MD5 and SHA1 hash files
- CommittingChanges - steps needed to commit changes
- FutureReleases - JMeter committer discussion page
- JMeter's Contributors
- Developer Manual
- CodeStyleGuidelines - broad guidelines for a consistent coding style
- Static Code Analysis - SonarQube dashboard for Apache, click JMeter to see details
- Java14Proposals - what can be changed/improved
- JMeterEclipse - settings to be used with Eclipse
- JMeterTestExecution - what happens when a test plan is run
- JMeterTesting - build testing using Junit