OpenJPA 2.0.0 Milestone 3
The Apache OpenJPA community is proud to provide a Milestone 3 distribution of OpenJPA 2.0. This distribution is based on the 20090922 Proposed Final Draft 2 of the JSR-317 JPA 2.0 specification. Included are many enhancements, fixes, and new functionality; giving developers early access to many key features of JPA 2.0. Some of the key features included in this distribution:
- JSR-317 JPA 2.0 support based on the Proposed Final Draft 2 (20090922) of the APIs and schemas.
- JSR-303 Bean Validation support based on the 1.0.CR5 level of the APIs and schema.
- No Bean Validation API or provider is included with OpenJPA, but either the Hibernate RI v4.0.0 CR1 or Agimatec Validation v0.9.3 can be used.
- Many documentation updates and automatic setting of compatibility options based on persistence version.
- Support for the Criteria and Metamodel API, which can be used together to create and execute strongly-typed programmatic queries.
- Metamodel source file generation.
- Support for cascading detach using cascade-detach as specified in the orm.xml.
- Assertion that relationships in MappedSuperclass are unidirectional.
- Support for the TypedQuery and Tuple interfaces.
- Support for naming of unique constraints.
- Lob, Temporal, and Enumeration can now be specified on element collections.
- JPQL now supports multiple constructors in the query projection list.
- Support for the shared-cache-mode element in the persistence.xml.
- Support for Cacheable annotation and CacheStoreMode/CacheRetriveMode properties.
- Support for JDBC date, time, and timestamp literals within JPQL and Criteria queries.
- Significant improvements to OpenJPA's subquery processing.
- Performance enhancements to class reflection utility.
- OpenJPA now includes the ability to use a pluggable encryption provider.
- New example which showcases the use of embeddables.
- Improved test coverage for many database platforms and separation of database support into verified and compatible categories.
- Many more...
This early access distribution is based upon the contributions provided in development iterations 8 through 12, as defined in the JPA 2.0 Roadmap. The JPA 2.0 Roadmap contains a complete list of features and feature summaries, including what is on deck for future iterations.
Apache OpenJPA was developed by The Apache Software Foundation http://www.apache.org/ and is licensed under Apache License 2.0.
Copyright (C) 2006-2009 Apache Software Foundation.
Apache and the Apache feather logo are trademarks of Apache Software Foundation.
Apache OpenJPA is bundled with the schemas from the JPA specifications, by Sun Microsystems and licensed under the CDDL 1.0. The source code is available at: https://glassfish.dev.java.net/source/browse/glassfish/
This is an implementation of an early-draft specification developed under the Java Community Process (JCP). The code is untested and presumed not to be a compatible implementation of the JSR-317 Java Persistence API, Version 2.0 specification. We encourage you to migrate to an implementation of the JSR-317 Java Persistence API, Version 2.0 specification that has been tested and verified to be compatible as soon as such an implementation is available, and we encourage you to retain this notice in any implementation of JSR-317 Java Persistence API, Version 2.0 specification that you distribute.
Use the links below to download the artifacts or source for Apache OpenJPA 2.0.0 Milestone 3. It is always good practice to verify the integrity of the distribution files.
OpenJPA 2.0.0 Milestone 3 Source Code
Geronimo JPA 2.0 PFD2 source code
Geronimo Validation 1.0 Early Access Spec source code
- OpenJPA 2.0.0 Milestone 3 JAR
- OpenJPA 2.0.0 Milestone 3 JAR w/ depends
- Geronimo JPA 2.0 PFD2 Spec artifacts
- Geronimo Validation 1.0 CR5 Spec artifacts