MMM??? 2011, Apache Solr™ 3.5.0 available
The Lucene PMC is pleased to announce the release of Apache Solr 3.5.0.
Solr is the popular, blazing fast open source enterprise search platform from
the Apache Lucene project. Its major features include powerful full-text
search, hit highlighting, faceted search, dynamic clustering, database
integration, rich document (e.g., Word, PDF) handling, and geospatial search.
Solr is highly scalable, providing distributed search and index replication,
and it powers the search and navigation features of many of the world's
largest internet sites.
This release contains numerous bug fixes, optimizations, and
improvements, some of which are highlighted below. The release
is available for immediate download at:
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/solr (see note below).
See the CHANGES.txt file included with the release for a full list of
Solr 3.5.0 Release Highlights:
* Bug fixes and improvements from Apache Lucene 3.5.0, including a
very substantial (3-5X) RAM reduction required to hold the terms
index on opening an IndexReader. (LUCENE-2205)
* Added support for distributed result grouping. (SOLR-2066,
* Added support for Hunspell stemmer TokenFilter supporting stemming
for 99 languages. (SOLR-2769)
* A new contrib module "langid" adds language identification
capabilities as an Update Processor, using Tika's
LanguageIdentifier or Cybozu language-detection library (SOLR-1979)
* Numeric types including Trie and date types now support
* Added hl.q parameter. It is optional and if it is specified, it overrides
q parameter in Highlighter. (SOLR-1926)
* Several minor bugfixes like date parsing for years from 0001-1000, ignored
configurations when using QueryAnalyzer with SpellCheckComponent and many more.
See CHANGES.txt entries for full details.
Note: The Apache Software Foundation uses an extensive mirroring network for
distributing releases. It is possible that the mirror you are using may not
have replicated the release yet. If that is the case, please try another
mirror. This also goes for Maven access.