MM 2013, Apache Solr™ 4.3 available
The Lucene PMC is pleased to announce the release of Apache Solr 4.3
Solr is the popular, blazing fast, open source NoSQL search platform
from the Apache Lucene project. Its major features include powerful
full-text search, hit highlighting, faceted search, dynamic
clustering, database integration, rich document (e.g., Word, PDF)
handling, and geospatial search. Solr is highly scalable, providing
fault tolerant distributed search and indexing, and powers the search
and navigation features of many of the world's largest internet sites.
Solr 4.3 is available for immediate download at:
See the CHANGES.txt file included with the release for a full list of
Solr 4.3 Release Highlights:
* Tired of maintaining core information in solr.xml? Now you can configure
Solr to automatically find cores by walking an arbitrary directory.
* Shard Splitting: You can now split SolrCloud shards to expand your cluster as
* The read side schema REST API has been improved and expanded upon: all schema
information is now available and the full live schema can now be returned in
json or xml. Ground work is included for the upcoming write side of the
schema REST API.
* Spatial queries can now search for indexed shapes by "IsWithin", "Contains" and
"IsDisjointTo" relationships, in addition to typical "Intersects".
* Faceting now supports local parameters for faceting on the same field with
* Significant performance improvements for minShouldMatch (mm) queries due to
skipping resulting in up to 4000% faster queries.
* Various new highlighting configuration parameters.
* A new solr.xml format that is closer to that of solrconfig.xml. The example
still uses the old format, but 4.4 will ship with the new format.
Solr 4.3 also includes many other new features as well as numerous optimizations and bugfixes.
Please report any feedback to the mailing lists
Note: The Apache Software Foundation uses an extensive mirroring network
for distributing releases. It is possible that the mirror you are using
may not have replicated the release yet. If that is the case, please
try another mirror. This also goes for Maven access.