7 September 2017, Apache Solr™ 6.6.1 available
The Lucene PMC is pleased to announce the release of Apache Solr 6.6.1
Solr is the popular, blazing fast, open source NoSQL search platform from the Apache Lucene project. Its major features include powerful full-text search, hit highlighting, faceted search and analytics, rich document parsing, geospatial search, extensive REST APIs as well as parallel SQL. Solr is enterprise grade, secure and highly scalable, providing fault tolerant distributed search and indexing, and powers the search and navigation features of many of the world's largest internet sites.
This release includes 15 bug fixes since the 6.6.0 release. Some of the major fixes are:
* Standalone Solr loads UNLOADed core on request
* ParallelStream should set the StreamContext when constructing SolrStreams
* CloudSolrStream.toExpression incorrectly handles fq clauses
* CoreContainer.load needs to send lazily loaded core descriptors to the proper list rather than send them all to the transient lists
* Creating a core should write a core.properties file first and clean up on failure
* Clean up a few details left over from pluggable transient core and untangling
* Provide a way to know when Core Discovery is finished and when all async cores are done loading
* CDCR bootstrapping can get into an infinite loop when a core is reloaded
* SolrJmxReporter is broken on core reload. This resulted in some or most metrics not being reported via JMX after core reloads, depending on timing
* Creating a core.properties fails if the parent of core.properties is a symlinked directory
* StreamHandler should allow connections to be closed early
* Certain admin UI pages would not load up correctly with kerberos enabled
* Fix DOWNNODE -> queue-work znode explosion in ZooKeeper
* Upgrade to Hadoop 2.7.4 to fix incompatibility with Java 9
* Fix bin/solr.cmd so it can run properly on Java 9
Furthermore, this release includes Apache Lucene 6.6.1 which includes 2 bug fixes since the 6.6.0 release.
The release is available for immediate download at:
Please read CHANGES.txt for a detailed list of changes:
Please report any feedback to the mailing lists (http://lucene.apache.org/solr/discussion.html)
Note: The Apache Software Foundation uses an extensive mirroring network for distributing releases. It is possible that the mirror you are using may not have replicated the release yet. If that is the case, please try another mirror. This also goes for Maven access.