27th June 2018, Apache Solr™ 7.4.0 available
The Lucene PMC is pleased to announce the release of Apache Solr 7.4.0
Solr is the popular, blazing fast, open source NoSQL search platform from the Apache Lucene project. Its major features include powerful full-text search, hit highlighting, faceted search, dynamic clustering, database integration, rich document (e.g., Word, PDF) handling, and geospatial search. Solr is highly scalable, providing fault tolerant distributed search and indexing, and powers the search and navigation features of many of the world's largest internet sites.
Solr 7.4.0 is available for immediate download at: http://lucene.apache.org/solr/downloads.html
See http://lucene.apache.org/solr/7_4_0/changes/Changes.html for a full list of details.
Solr 7.4.0 Release Highlights:
- A new 'relatedness()' aggregate function for JSON Faceting to enable building Semantic Knowledge Graphs.
- Added the TaggerRequestHandler (AKA SolrTextTagger) for tagging text. It's used as a component of NER/ERD systems including query-understanding.
- The "Auto Scaling" feature area has been added to and enhanced a lot.
- The "Streaming Expressions" feature area has been added to and enhanced a lot.
- Upgraded from Log4j 1.x to 2.x. Solr continues to log via SLF4J.
You are encouraged to thoroughly read the "Upgrade Notes" at http://lucene.apache.org/solr/7_4_0/changes/Changes.html or in the CHANGES.txt file accompanying the release.
Solr 7.4 also includes many other new features as well as numerous optimizations and bugfixes of the corresponding Apache Lucene release.
Please report any feedback to the mailing lists (http://lucene.apache.org/solr/discussion.html)
Note: The Apache Software Foundation uses an extensive mirroring network for distributing releases. It is possible that the mirror you are using may not have replicated the release yet. If that is the case, please try another mirror. This also goes for Maven access.